|School District/Employer:||Calvert ISD|
|Job Title:||Athletic Director|
|Campus Description:||Pre-K through 12th grade all on one campus.|
Direct and manage district’s athletic program and facilities and instruct and coach students to develop skills and abilities to excel in athletics. Provide each student with the opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all federal, state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and local requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Planning and Instruction:
1. Establish performance criteria for competition and manage athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship. Model performance criteria and perform physical movements required for successful student performance of sport.
2. Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development including the time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.
3. Establish and maintain physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and verify each athlete’s eligibility.
4. Use a variety of instructional and coaching techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport of football.
5. Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
6. Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletics.
7. Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to gauge athletic program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responsive to student needs.
8. Manage district athletic operations including directing ticket sales, employing game officials, and ensuring preparation of facilities.
9. Prepare and approve all interscholastic game schedules.
10. Arrange transportation, lodging, and meals for out-of-town athletic events. (Drive bus to transport students to out-of-district competition)
11. Implement district student management policies, communicate expected student behavior related to athletics, and ensure enforcement of student discipline in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Accompany and supervise student athletes during football games both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
13. Instruct and advise students on National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
14. Establish and maintain open lines of communication on vital issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Administration, Budget and Inventory:
15. Implement the policies established by federal law, state law, State Board of Education rule, UIL rules, and local board policy in area of athletics.
16. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
17. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
18. Develop and administer budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
19. Oversee the process of cleaning, repairing, and storing of all athletic equipment including maintaining a current inventory of supplies, equipment, and fixed assets and recommending disposal and replacement of equipment.
20. Coordinate the use of all athletic facilities by non-school groups.
21. Plan, organize, and oversee all activities including practices, special events, and tournaments.
22. Prepare, review, and revise job descriptions for athletic department.
23. Recruit, select, train, supervise, and evaluate all athletic department personnel and make recommendations relative to assignment, transfer, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
24. Develop training options and/or improvement plans for employees to ensure exemplary operation in area of athletics.
25. Articulate the district’s mission and goals in the area of athletics to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
26. Demonstrate awareness of district and community needs, initiate activities to meet those needs, and use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
27. Support athletic booster club activities.
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring of coaches and support staff.*
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Athletic equipment, standard office equipment including computer and peripherals and other instructional equipment; automated external defibrillator (AED); frequent driving may operate school bus
Posture: Sitting; prolonged standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, stooping
Motion: Frequent walking; repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; frequent physical movements associated with sport; moderate grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension and reaching
Lifting: Frequently light lifting and carrying(less than 15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Frequent districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Current first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate
Clear and valid Texas commercial driver’s license with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements
Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program
Knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures
Knowledge of federal, state, and UIL policies governing athletics
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes
Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical (include if bus driving duties are required)
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Excellent public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, parents, and staff
5 years successful teaching and coaching experience
|Benefits:||Calvert ISD employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance, TRS and optional 403(b)/457 plan.|
|How To Apply:||Applications available at: www.calvertisd.com
Send Resume, letter of intent and completed application to: email@example.com
Mail: P.O. Box 7, Calvert, Texas 77837
Call 979-587-7110 with any questions.
|Address:||P.O. Box 7|