|School District/Employer:||Latexo ISD|
|Job Title:||Licensed Vocational Nurse|
|Campus Description:||Latexo is a 2A district located between Crockett and Grapeland. It consists of two campuses with PK - 6th grades located on the Elementary Campus and 7th - 12th grades located on the High School Campus. We are a District of Innovation and pride ourselves in a 4 Day school week.|
|Description/Notes:||Job responsibilities will be dependent on the applicant's certification and experience and will include the general areas of: providing nursing services; instruction and health education; consultation and communication with parent, physicians, and community; maintain clerical reports and records; complying with federal and state laws; maintaining and ordering needed supplies and equipment; and supervising health-clinic aides.
BASELINE OF DUTIES REQUIRED OF ALL APPLICANTS
* Provide appropriate emergency care of illness or injury to students and staff in accordance with school district policy and procedure, and as directed by the RN.
* Assist in the control of communicable diseases according to procedures.
* Administer oral, inhaled, and topical medications to the students as delegated by the RN.
* On receiving new medication with prescriber's written order and parent's permission, notifying the RN.
* Consulting with RN regarding dosage, schedule for administration, side effects, expected effects, and other pertinent data regarding medication.
* Keeping accurate records of medications brought the the Health Office and records each administration of medication on the individual Student Medication Record.
* Maintaining confidentiality of information learned regarding students and their families.
* Notifying RN and building principal of serious incidents, significant health problems, referrals, and possible child abuse.
* Performing health-related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
* Engaging in appropriate communication, and procuring correct documentation.
* Maintaining the health office, including: assuming responsibility for maintaining a neat and orderly environment, following district policy regarding the cleaning of cots and equipment, following district policy regarding infection-control measures, and monitoring inventory of supplies and ordering needed supplies.
|Qualifications:||LVN must have one year experience in a health-related position.|
|Salary Range:||Based on the Latexo ISD Salary Scale|
|Benefits:||Insurance, TRS retirement, life insurance policy, Teladoc|
|How To Apply:||Applications can be downloaded from the school website: www.latexoisd.net. Please submit application and resume to Ashley Shoemake at email@example.com or mail to Latexo ISD, Attn: Ashley Shoemake, P O Box 975, Latexo, Texas 75849. For more information call Ashley Shoemake at 936-544-5664 x2402.|
|Address:||P.O. Box 975|