|School District/Employer:||Plainview ISD|
|Job Title:||Special Education Teacher (Inclusion)|
|School:||Edgemere/Highland (Split Assignment)|
|Description/Notes:||Provide special education students with in-person and/or virtual learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to match student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.|
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation
Knowledge of how to adapt curriculum and instruction for special needs
Effective communication skills
One year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
2. Implement an in-person and/or virtual instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
4. Present subject matter effectively and according to guidelines established by IEP. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media including technology to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned
5. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
6. Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis.
7. Participate in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional media.
Student Growth and Development
8. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
9. Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
10. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
11. Consult district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
Classroom Management and Organization
12. Create an in-person and/or virtual classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
13. Manage student behavior and administer discipline including intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
14. Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
15. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
16. Plan and assign the work of teacher aide(s) and oversee completion.
|How To Apply:||https://www.applitrack.com/plainview/onlineapp/|
|Name:||Jeff De La Garza|
|Address:||P.O. Box 1540|