|School District/Employer:||Kermit ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Executive Director of Technology|
Responsible for the overall management of the Information Technology Department and strategic planning of technology systems districtwide. Provide expertise and direction in the development, deployment, and use of information technology in the district.
Knowledge of computer network, hardware, and software applications
Knowledge of computer applications development and implementation
Ability to manage budget and personnel; coordinate district function; implement policy and procedure
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to interpret data
School District Experience Preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Technology and Information Management
1. Analyze complex business needs presented by schools and administrative departments, and develop and implement technical solutions. Explain technology solutions to senior management through presentation and advocacy.
2. Manage, direct, and assign priorities and personnel to major projects to ensure attainment of district and department goals and objectives.
3. Develop and implement district standards and specifications for hardware and software use, and computer networking.
4. Devise, develop, implement, and maintain systems of internal controls, emergency and backup procedures, proper licensing, system upgrades, and disaster recovery plans to ensure integrity of information, security of databases, and internal network access control.
5. Oversee support between the education service center and district staff, including programming, application support, and end-user support.
Policy, Reports, and Law
6. Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area of information management and technology.
7. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
8. Participate in the research of and application for technology-related grants or revenue sources.
9. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Budget and Inventory
10. Develop and administer the information technology budget based on documented needs, and ensure that operations are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
11. Coordinate the purchase of all computer hardware, software, and supplies; initiate purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
12. Prepare, review, and revise technology department job descriptions.
13. Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff, and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of information technology department employees.*
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work is primarily performed in an office environment with frequent districtwide and occasional statewide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
|Qualifications:||Education/Certification: Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary Range:||Competitive Market Value Salary|
|Benefits:||Up to 6% matching annuity plan
100% group health insurance premium paid for Employee
Long term Disability paid by District
$10,000 Life Insurance Policy Premium paid by District
|How To Apply:||http://www.kermitisd.org/o/kisd/page/employment-information--44
|Address:||601 South Poplar|