|School District/Employer:||Floresville ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Central Office,|
|Job Title:||Special Education Diagnostician|
|Campus Description:||District Wide|
Title Special Education Diagnostician
Description Job Title: Diagnostician Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Special Education Pay Grade:
Dept. /School: Date Revised: 8-22-2018
Assist the educational, learning styles, and program needs of students referred to special
education services. Work cooperatively with instructional personnel to provide the most
appropriate instructional programs for students with disabilities.
Master’s degree in educational assessment
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate
Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human
development, and learning theories
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years’ teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility
for special education and services according to Federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
2. Compile and evaluate comprehensive student information including classroom observations;
personal interviews with the student, teacher (s), parents and others; and relevant assessment
data from student’s cumulative folder. Consult with parents and teacher concerning the
educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
3. Participate in the Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with
interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement and development of Individual
Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
4. Present staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel in
identifying and understanding students with disabilities.
5. Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEP.
6. Consult parents concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of
7. Participate in the selection of assessment materials and equipment.
8. Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the assessment program and make
changes based on findings.
9. Compile, maintain, and file reports, records, and other documents required.
10. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and
local board policy.
11. Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations.
12. Develop and maintain effective individual and group relationship with students and parents.
Qualities of Effective Diagnostician
13. Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, a collaborative leadership style and high
14. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and federal policies, including daily
15. Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other required documents.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals, and other instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged standing, frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling,
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: May require regular heavy lifting (45 pounds or more) and positioning of students with
physical disabilities, control behavior through physical restraint, assist nonambulatory students,
and lift and move adaptive equipment; may work prolonged or irregular hours
Environment: Exposure to biological hazards; may require districtwide travel
Maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job
and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that
may be required.
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range $55,469.00 - $79,822.00 / Annualized
Location District Wide
|Salary Range:||Salary Range $55,469.00 - $79,822.00 / Annualized|
|How To Apply:||https://fisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1551#|
|Address:||1200 5th Street|