|School District/Employer:||Floresville ISD|
|Job Title:||Assistant Principal - Elementary|
Title Assistant Principal - Elementary
Description Job Title: Assistant Principal - Elementary
Exemption Status/Test: Exempt/Administrator
Reports To: Principal
Dept./School: Assigned Campus and Level
Direct and manage assigned areas of instructional program and campus operations
at the elementary level. Oversee assigned student activities and services.
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) appraiser
Knowledge of campus operations
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years experience as a classroom teacher
Experience in an instructional role preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs,
helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate. Participate in program
evaluation measures and make suggestions for improvement where needed.
2. Reinforce expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional
strategies and classroom management.
3. Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their
active involvement in decision-making process.
1. Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to
ensure attainment of the school’s mission.
2. Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents,
and community members.
3. Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain
records and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic
1. Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management
system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school
2. Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is
appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and
3. Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students,
4. Ensure that students are adequately supervised during noninstructional
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
1. Oversee campus operations in principal’s absence.
2. Take a leadership role in planning and scheduling of daily school activities
including the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and
extracurricular activity schedules.
3. Oversee reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with staff to
identify and address issues.
4. Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests
based on documented program needs.
5. Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment and monitor and maintain
inventory in accordance with district procedures.
6. Coordinate operational support services such as transportation, custodial, and
cafeteria to best meet campus needs.
7. Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and regulations affecting
1. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation
conferences. Serve as second appraiser as needed for designated teacher
2. Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
1. Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in
realizing the mission.
2. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to
meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage
community and parent involvement.
Supervise and evaluate the work of professional staff as assigned by the school
principal. Direct the work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical
personnel and others as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer
Posture: Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping,
pushing,/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse;
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside
(exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional
districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this
job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be
assigned or skills that may be required.
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range $60,604.00 - $87,213.00 / Annualized
Location Floresville South Elementary
|Salary Range:||Salary Range $60,604.00 - $87,213.00 / Annualized|
|How To Apply:||https://fisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1554#|
|Address:||1200 5th Street|