|School District/Employer:||Sherman ISD|
|Job Title:||Assistant Principal - Elementary (Early Childhood)|
|Description/Notes:||Interested applicants must complete the Sherman ISD application at https://www.shermanisd.net/careers and submit the required documentation as outlined on the ShermanISD webpage.
Direct and manage assigned areas of instructional program and campus operations. Oversee assigned student activities and services.
1. Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate. Participate in program evaluation measures and make suggestions for improvement where needed.
2. Reinforce expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies and classroom management.
3. Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
4. Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to ensure attainment of the schools mission.
5. Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
6. Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
7. Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
8. Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
9. Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
10. Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
11. Oversee campus operations in principals absence.
12. Take a leadership role in planning and scheduling of daily school activities including the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
13. Oversee reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with staff to identify and address issues.
14. Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
15. Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment and monitor and maintain inventory in accordance with district procedures.
16. Coordinate operational support services such as transportation, custodial, and cafeteria to best meet campus needs.
17. Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and regulations affecting schools.
18. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences. Serve as second appraiser as needed for designated teacher appraisal system.
19. Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
20. Articulate the schools mission to community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
21. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Supervise and evaluate the work of professional staff as assigned by the school principal. Direct the work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional district-wide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified Texas Teacher Evaluation & Support System (T-TESS) appraiser preferred
Knowledge of campus operations
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three years of experience as a classroom teacher preferred
|How To Apply:||Interested applicants must complete the Sherman ISD application at https://www.shermanisd.net/careers and submit the required documentation as outlined on the ShermanISD webpage.|
|Address:||P.O. Box 1176|