|School District/Employer:||Aubrey ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Construction Project Specialist|
|Campus Description:||Aubrey ISD is located in north Texas and is a fast-growing 4A district with an expectation to double in student enrollment in five years. We are located between Denton and Frisco and about ten miles from the Dallas North Tollway.|
|Description/Notes:||Coordinate and oversee all new construction and renovation projects in the district from start to finish. The person is responsible for contract document interpretation and quality control review prior to and during construction. On a daily basis observes construction for compliance with the contract documents.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Facility Construction and Repair
1. Supervise complex construction activities to build new or modify existing school, classrooms, facilities and/or other related buildings, including utilities, equipment installation and exterior improvements.
2. Serve as liaison to architects, engineers, and consultants to develop, review, and finalize project plans, drawings, schematics, and specifications. Coordinate and conduct project development and construction progress meetings.
3. Requires the ability to understand construction submittals, request for interpretation (RFI), and change orders (CO).
4. Requires the ability to make recommendations that impact the construction budget and facilitates that projects stay within the approved budget.
5. Work with city, county, state, and federal officials to ensure conformity with codes and ordinances regulating district construction projects.
6. Develop and maintain construction progress schedules.
7. Conduct on-site inspection of construction projects to ensure conformance with construction documents, programs, and needs.
8. Inspect existing facilities and make recommendations for improvements as needed and establish and recommend priorities for repair projects.
9. Expedite documentation and completion of punch-list items and coordinate transition of building operation from general contractor to district upon acceptance of a facility.
10. Track warranty expiration dates and make final warranty check prior to end of warranty periods. Oversee warranty correction work.
11. Develop resolutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
12. Participate in the prequalification or approval process for architects, engineers, and contractors.
13. Consult faculty, administrative staff, and community to determine program-driven design needs.
Policy, Reports, and Law
14. Complete periodic reports of construction project progress and make presentations to the board.
15. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required including coordinating the storage and handling of construction documents.
16. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Budget and Inventory
17. Estimate cost of construction and repair projects, including labor, materials, and other related costs and assist with the preparation of bidding documents, including notice and instructions to bidders, drawings, and specifications.
18. Assist with the evaluation of formal bids and provide input into recommendations for the awarding of contracts for school board approval.
19. Review and authorize requests for payment from contractor(s) and designer(s).
20. Ensure programs are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
21. Maintain safety standards in conformance with federal, state, and insurance regulations.
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of experience as a Construction/Project Manager or a Construction Superintendent for medium and large projects, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
ICC license or a certification in one or more areas: building inspector, project management, construction management, or architecture preferred.
Any state issued license or certification in a construction related field is preferred.
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Knowledge of project planning and construction principles
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design and installation
Knowledge of health and safety regulations
Knowledge of building codes, zoning ordinances, and the inspection certification process
Ability to read blueprints and schematics
Ability to conduct on-site inspections of all district facilities
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience: 5 years construction project management, construction manager, construction superintendent for medium and large projects, architectural, or engineering experience preferred.
|Salary Range:||12 month contract minimum: $86,055, midpoint: $104,310, Maximum: $122,564|
|Benefits:||• $320 per month contributed toward TRS-ActiveCare Health Plan
• Defined benefit retirement plan (Teacher Retirement Plan)
• Salary range to commensurate with experience and licensing
• Full range of optional benefits such as FSA, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, etc
|How To Apply:||Apply through Region 11.
Application Deadline: Resumes, a copy of credentials, and the application will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Aubrey Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.