|School District/Employer:||Floresville ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Chief of Police|
|Campus Description:||District Administration|
|Description/Notes:||Job Title: Chief of Police
Days/Term: 226 Days/12 Months
Exemption Status/Test: Exempt
Reports to: Superintendent
Dept./School: Police Department
Direct and manage district police department. Coordinate daily operations of department to provide safe environment for students and staff. Ensure enforcement of all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Texas Peace Officer license issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
NIMS Training Preferred
Knowledge of overall operations of a police department
Knowledge of criminal investigations, police report writing, and criminal law
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Training and ability to subdue offenders, including use of firearms and handcuffs
Bondable as required by Texas Education Code §37.081(h)
Strong public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
5 years law enforcement experience
3 years in supervisory or command capacity preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Direct the daily operations of the district police department to ensure effective law enforcement.
2. Coordinate enforcement activities with other department directors and campus principals and work cooperatively to develop and implement preventative security programs, gang management plans, and other safety programs.
3. Investigate and make recommendations on all complaints and accusations made against district police officers or staff.
4. Develop department operational procedures, including procedures for safe handling and use of firearms.
1. Ensure enforcement of all laws and ordinances within the scope of board policy and the jurisdiction of district.
2. Oversee investigation of criminal activities that occur within the district’s jurisdiction and support other agencies conducting investigations.
3. Serve as district liaison to state and local law enforcement agencies and juvenile authorities and represent the district on assigned committees and task forces.
1. Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make sound recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
2. Evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
3. Prepare, review, and revise police department job descriptions.
1. Maintain property room for storage of weapons and contraband confiscated on district property.
2. Compile and administer department budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
3. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of police officers, security guards, and department clerical staff.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: District vehicle, firearm, handcuffs, alarm system, security equipment, two-way radio, alarm system and other security equipment, fire extinguisher, and standard office equipment including computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting and standing
Motion: Strenuous walking and climbing; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; frequent driving
Lifting: Moderate lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (moderate exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather). Frequent district wide travel
Other: Specific hearing and visual requirements. May be subject to adverse and hazardous working conditions, including violent and armed confrontations. Ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others and exhibit rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously.
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; prolonged hours; on call 24 hours a day.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
|Salary Range:||$56,640.00 - $89,509.00 / Annualized
|How To Apply:||https://fisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1496#|
|Address:||1200 5th Street|