|School District/Employer:||Floresville ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Secondary Coordinator|
|Campus Description:||Floresville Central Office|
|Description/Notes:||Job Title: Secondary Coordinator
Work Days: 226
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent
Dept. /School: Central Administration Office
Date Revised: 06/01/2021
Direct and manage the district’s 6-12 secondary curriculum and instruction. Provide curriculum leadership and support classroom teaching to ensure an aligned and articulated instructional program. This position is partially funded by Title I and Title II.
Master’s degree in education administration or related field
Principal certification preferred
GT Certification preferred
ESL Certification preferred
Special Knowledge /Skills:
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to develop and deliver training to adult learners
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Five years’ experience as a classroom teacher
Two years’ experience in a campus or district leadership role
Principal experience preferred
Secondary experience required
Instructional and Program Management Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work cooperatively with Campus Principals and the Teaching & Learning team in developing and supervising the instructional programs in assigned areas.
2. Coordinate the review, development and revision of all programs and related curriculum documents and materials, including curriculum guides, course outlines, and teaching plans with appropriate staff.
3. Plan, implement, and evaluate instructional programs with teachers and principals, including learning objectives, instructional strategies, and assessment techniques.
4. Coordinate the involvement of instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning needs.
5. Evaluate the curriculum and instruction program effectiveness based on evaluative findings (including student achievement data) and recommend changes as needed.
6. Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
7. Maintain a resource library of publications and materials.
8. Actively support the achievement of district goals and objectives.
9. Participate in the district-level decision-making process to establish and review the district’s goals and objectives and major classroom instructional programs of the district.
10. Secure consultants and other resources to assist principals and instructional staff in attaining objectives.
11. Coordinate the development of summer programs by working collaboratively with campuses and departments.
Staff Development Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the district, program evaluation outcomes, and input from teachers and others.
2. Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation.
3. Demonstrate effective teaching strategies.
Advanced Academics Responsibilities & Duties
1. Coordinate the development, revision and alignment of the Advanced Academic curriculum so that students and families are provided support in planning and preparing for college readiness in order to increase the percentage of students meeting college readiness standards.
2. Design, implement and evaluate the district’s gifted and talented program, including the identification process.
3. Coordinate the development, revision and alignment of the Advanced Academic curriculum so that students and families are provided support in planning and preparing for college readiness as early as elementary school in order to increase the percentage of students meeting college readiness standards.
4. Assist teachers in meeting the advanced academic needs of students and provide strong instructional leadership for Honors courses, Dual-Credit courses, other advanced academic courses, and state assessments.
5. Coordinate with counselors to provide academic programming and graduation requirement information to students and parents.
6. Monitor student level data from a variety of sources and provide assistance to students, families, and staff with interpreting data and developing appropriate academic/career plans based on data.
7. Collaborate with area colleges and universities in providing dual credit coursework.
8. Collaborate with elementary GATE teachers to ensure appropriate programming and services are provided to identified gifted and talented students at the elementary level
9. Facilitate the establishment of programs to increase enrollment in advanced courses.
10. This position is partially funded by Title I and Title II.
Policy, Reports, and Law
1. Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in curriculum and instruction area.
2. Compile, maintain, and present all physical and computerized reports, records and other documents required.
1. Participate in the development, preparation and administration of the budget for supplies and equipment and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
2. Recommend budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
1. Provide for positive collaborative communication with principals, teachers, and staff.
2. Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to other professionals.
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged Sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 20 pounds)
Environment: Frequent district travel, occasional statewide travel
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
|Salary Range:||$63,635.00 - $91,573.00 / Annualized|
|How To Apply:||Apply Online:
|Address:||1200 5th Street|