|School District/Employer:||Northside ISD (ESC 20)|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||INVENTORY STAFF ACCOUNTANT II - Child Nutrition Department|
|School:||Northside Independent School District|
|Description/Notes:||INVENTORY STAFF ACCOUNTANT II - Child Nutrition Department
The Inventory Staff Accountant, under the supervision of Assistant Director for Child Nutrition Finance, is responsible for the inventory management and financial reporting of the District’s Child Nutrition funds and programs encompassing all monies allocated through federal, local and state resources. Fiscal management of these funds includes, but is not limited to budget planning, preparation, analysis and monitoring; inventory reporting, analysis and reconciliation; and auditing internal processes to ensure compliance with federal, state and local policies.
(Only those persons who meet the minimum qualifications as posted should apply)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration - with a major in Accounting
• Four years accounting experience in a school district, governmental or non-profit environment
• Previous child nutrition accounting experience preferred
• Knowledge of TEA Financial Accounting Systems Resource Guide (Texas public school district accounting guidelines) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Knowledge of accounting principles for governmental fund accounting
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local policies, rules and regulations applicable to food service preferred
• Skilled in Windows-based database and spreadsheet software management applications
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment; non-refundable fee paid by candidate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitor inventory levels for Child Nutrition food, supplies, equipment and capital assets.
2. Perform monthly adjustments, journal entries and reconciliations in general ledger in compliance with applicable District, state and federal program guidelines, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the TEA Financial Accountability System Resource Guide.
3. Prepare monthly financial reports of inventory counts for trend analysis and forecasting.
4. Submit capital expenditure requests via the online Texas Unified Nutrition Program System (TX-UNPS).
5. Stay abreast of guidelines, policies and best practices related to Child Nutrition to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, USDA and TDA rules, local board policy, and administrative regulations.
6. Assist with preparing documentation for local and state audits.
7. Assist in periodic physical inventory count and reconciliation.
8. Supervise and train assigned clerical support staff.
9. Assist in preparation and presentation of Inventory/Warehouse technology training.
10. Review operating systems in the various areas and provide recommendations for improving the process.
11. Assist the Child Nutrition Assistant Director and Finance Manager in developing and maintaining an annual budget.
12. Maintain annual Professional Development requirements as mandated by USDA.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
SALARY: $58,536 - $70,105 MINIMUM WORK DAYS: 226
NOTICE: If you are selected for a job with NISD, your immediate supervisor will be contacted prior to a final employment offer being made.
|Benefits:||Northside Independent School District offers excellent fringe benefits. Detailed information can be found at www.nisd.net.|
|How To Apply:||https://ess.nisd.net/ess/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
INVENTORY STAFF ACCOUNTANT II
|Address:||5900 Evers Road|