|School District/Employer:||Texans Can Academies|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Director of Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations|
|School:||Texans Can Academies|
|Campus Description:||Central Administration|
|Description/Notes:||The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today’s well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations to join our Central Administration located in our Dallas-Oak Cliff location. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply.
Responsible for supporting the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) in overall management of the district’s human resources function. Supports the strategic planning and implementation of human resources programs. Oversee staffing and provide leadership in employee relations including but not limited to investigations, grievances, evaluations, progressive disciplinary management, letters of reasonable assurance and unemployment claims processing. Assist in the implement legally sound and effective human resources management programs, policies
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, public or business administration, education administration or equivalent
• T-TESS and/or T-PESS Certified
• Knowledge of selection, training, and supervision of personnel
• Knowledge of wage and salary, benefits, and performance appraisal administration
• Knowledge of general and education employment law and hearing procedures
• Ability to implement policy and procedures
• Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, perform data analysis, and do word processing
• Ability to manage budget and personnel
• Excellent public relations, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, the school board, or other organizations
• Due to the sensitive nature of the topics investigated, maintaining a high level of confidentiality is required.
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience;
• Public school or charter school experience highly preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Human Resources Department Management
1. Assist in implementing plan for addressing HR training needs throughout the district and develop and plan training programs to meet the established needs. Oversee and implement both on-going and special interest training programs.
2. Direct the day-to-day operations of the human resources department, including planning, development, coordination, and evaluation of operations and implementing department goals and objectives.
3. Guide assigned staff in the planning and implementation of professional development that increases effectiveness and improved District performance.
4. Oversee and coordinate employee performance appraisal system and ensure that supervisors have proper training. Assist supervisors and principals with employee counseling, improvement plans, and due-process procedures, when needed.
5. Assist with selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of HR staff and make sound recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
6. Supervisor, evaluate performance, and lead the recruitment, hire and placement of assigned staff
7. Ensure district compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
8. Work collaboratively with hiring managers on staffing needs, including recruiting and staffing in designated areas. Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies and a screening and selection process for all employees.
9. Maintain a system for new employees to acquire appropriate information, support, and training necessary for success on the job.
10. Conduct periodic audits and monitor procedures related to salary administration, placement of new hires, data entry and certifications of employees.
11. Lead report and representative for the district in Texas Workforce Commission unemployment claims.
12. Advise hiring managers with the documentation of employee performance issues; assist in developing professional growth plans as needed. Assist in identifying and responding to employee issues; work in collaboration with district leadership to ensure preemptive and effective employee communications.
13. Led the evaluation process ensuring an evaluation tool for all positions.
14. Provide training to employees including supervisors regarding the evaluation process.
15. Support administration of the employee grievance procedures. Provide a summary of investigations. Assist Chief Human Resources Officer with analysis and decision-making process regarding personnel problems and/or other related policy issues.
16. Assist in training on the interpretation of policies and procedures and ensure support of directors, officers, employees and other government agencies on employment, record keeping, retirement, grievance and other personnel matters and procedures.
17. Assist in conducting annual research regarding employee satisfaction, morale, and communications. Frequent monitoring employee retention and turnover through analysis of data and exit interviews. Assist in the coordination of effective districtwide employee recognition programs.
18. Conduct interview with complainants, witnesses and subjects of complaints to obtain all facts necessary to analyze a compliant.
19. Draft reports that accurately set forth the facts uncovered during an investigation and apply workplace policies to those facts to assess whether those policies were violated.
20. Support personnel records management and help ensure compliance with the state records management program. Assist in the training of HR and district personnel on records retention at this related to Personnel Files.
21. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
22. Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizational, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the District’s initiative.
23. Assist in the preparation and delivery of written and oral presentations on HR and management issues to employees.
24. Stay abreast of current research and best practices in human resources management and development in educational and non-education-related settings, and assist adjust plans, policies and procedures accordingly.
25. Assist in ensuring compliance with local, state and federal employment laws. Stay abreast of state and federal public policy changes that could impact the district.
26. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
27. Other projects and duties assigned.
May supervise, evaluate, and human resources personnel directly or indirectly.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; frequent districtwide travel; occasional statewide travel and out-of-state travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress
TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|How To Apply:||https://texanscan.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1854|
|Address:||325 W. 12th Street|