|School District/Employer:||Austin ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Assistant Superintendent of Operations|
|Description/Notes:||JG Consulting has engaged with the Austin Independent School District (Austin ISD) to recruit candidates to serve as the Assistant Superintendent of Operations.
The Assistant Superintendent for Operations is responsible for supporting the facilitation and implementation of an array of projects, initiatives, and teams while providing leadership and supervision to staff on compliance and policy matters that impacts funding, compliance, and program outcomes. This Assistant Superintendent for Operations is a critical leadership role that directly affects the acceleration of improved student achievement. The incumbent will direct, monitor, and strengthen projects and initiatives to ensure all services are implemented within federal, state, and local regulations. This position provides leadership to support executive directors to develop and implement policies and procedures for identifying and meeting the department goals and directs comprehensive planning and coordination.
Austin ISD educates more than 74,000 students and embraces 125 diverse school communities in one of the fastest-growing metroplexes in the country. In partnership with our families and our community, AISD's mission is to provide a comprehensive educational experience that is high-quality, challenging and inspires all students to make a positive contribution to society. We partner with world-class universities, innovative businesses, nonprofit organizations and engaged community leaders to prepare our students for college, career and life.
This position requires a Master’s degree from an accredited university or college. A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible senior-level experience is required.
▪ Provide leadership to set a clear vision and goals for all divisions within Operations to support a strong workforce that helps the District realize its vision, board priorities, and strategic initiatives/plan.
▪ Assist the Chief of Operations in establishing and implementing board policies and procedures related to the divisions of Operations. Communicate guidelines inherent in those policies and oversee implementation of the policies.
▪ Ensure department compliance with District, State and Federal rules and regulations.
▪ Demonstrate cultural proficiency, sensitivity, and equity. Confront preconceptions and model open dialogue about race, culture, class and other issues of difference with staff and
▪ Attend and participate in meetings with Executive Leadership departmental directors, campus leaders, and other administrative personnel to address items as they relate to the department, including planning and coordination with other departments and within department areas.
▪ Review, monitor and approve fiscal expenditures for all department budgets and resources.
▪ Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of long-range goals of Operations.
▪ Assess the effectiveness of the department and effectively prioritize, plan and implement
improvements, as needed.
▪ Establish processes for quality controls, operational efficiency and accuracy in departmental work.
▪ Work closely with the departments of Construction Management, Planning and Asset
Management, Facilities Maintenance, Food Service and Warehouse Operations, and
Transportation to promote a systematic approach to program improvement.
▪ Demonstrate awareness of District and community needs and interface with governmental
agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information.
▪ Develop partnerships with local, state, and national groups that leverage resources and
expertise in supporting AISD.
▪ Plan and budget resources and materials needed to accomplish goals and services.
▪ Evaluate project progress and prepare status and special reports for review and discussion by the Chief of Operations, Superintendent, and Board of Trustees.
▪ Provide an exceptional customer experience for all AISD stakeholders with intentional and
professional practices that promote a culture of respect and focus on achieving equitable
|Salary Range:||$162,822.00 to $195,253.44|
|How To Apply:||https://www.jgconsulting.us/job/austin-isd-assistant-superintendent-of-operations/|
|Address:||300 Convent St., Ste. 1330|