|School District/Employer:||Lee College|
|Job Title:||Full-Time Business Instructor, Huntsville Center|
|Description/Notes:||Full-Time Business Instructor, Huntsville Center
Posting Number: 0001109
PS Position#: 00001130
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: HCLC Applied Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This is a contract position.
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is an instructional position within a correctional environment teaching an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach freshmen and sophomore level Business courses to college students in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
• Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars
• Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
• Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements
• Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule
• Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures
• Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need
• All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy
• Faculty members may be required to teach evening and summer classes
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Service on College committees as assigned
• Attend professional development opportunities when appropriate
• Attend the annual graduation ceremony
• Perform other duties as assigned
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
• Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master’s (or higher) degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in the teaching field
• Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
• Online teaching certification
Campus/Location: Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location: Other TDCJ Units
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit courses. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2488716
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|How To Apply:||To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2488716|
|Address:||511 S. Whiting|