|School District/Employer:||Navarro ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Network Administrator|
|Campus Description:||6450 N. SH 123
Seguin (Geronimo) Texas
|Description/Notes:||Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Manages the installation and testing of network hardware, software, and upgrades, and identifies and resolves network issues. Designs, recommends, implements, and maintains all network switch and router configurations and ensures that system maintenance is performed.
2. Monitor and analyze system utilization; recommend improvements as needed.
3. Develop and maintain network design and configuration documentation.
4. Consult with end users to identify need, analyze network systems using network tools.
5. Provide support and recommendations in review of products to support the management of the network and the security of the network.
6. Develop and oversee the security implementation, maintenance and monitoring of all network infrastructure and connected devices.
7. Develop and implement backup procedures to ensure that all network and workstation backups are performed on a regular basis and district data is restored as needed.
8. Assist with the development and implementation of a disaster recovery plan as related to district network systems and technology.
9. Identify and recommend the acquisition of software and hardware to meet the networking needs of the district for connectivity and cybersecurity.
10. Maintain network firewall and security fabric.
11. Participate on the district cybersecurity as network advisor as well as, cybersecurity plan.
12. Maintain the wireless infrastructure and security.
Policy, Reports, and Law
13. Recommend sound policies and procedures to improve program.
14. Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
15. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
16. Follow District safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Work with frequent interruptions; emotional control under stress.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written);
Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations to problem-solve, to work collaboratively with others, and to work on multiple projects/tasks within a given period of time.
Physical Demands/Environment Factors:
Work is performed in an office environment; frequent on call and after-hours work; district wide travel; may be required to be on call 24 hours a day.
Regular moderate lifting and carrying (up to 44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over)
Repetitive hand motion; frequent keyboarding and use of the mouse; regular waling, grasping/squeezing; write flexion/extension, reaching; may climb ladders.
Prolonged sitting; regular kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting.
Hand tools and test instruments for electronic repairs and cable installations
Standard office equipment including personal computers and peripherals, network serial cable to program and configure switches and routers.
Bachelor’s Degree/Associates Degree in computer science or management information systems, or equivalent experience in network administration.
Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), preferred
Acceptable background check and fingerprinting results
Knowledge of LAN, WLAN, and WAN network design and installation
Knowledge of Wi-Fi intra-design and best practices for wireless management
Knowledge of network hardware and software applications including network servers, printers and other equipment.
Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and windows Azure Active Directory and Google Workspace for Education.
Knowledge of SQL scripting.
Knowledge of Fortigate Firewall and Fortinet Fabric (preferred not required).
Knowledge of Cisco switches and routers.
Knowledge of cybersecurity protocols and defense software.
Ability to work with multiple operating systems and network protocols
Ability to analyze and resolve computer network problems
Knowledge of project management principles
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum five year experience performing network maintenance, configuration, installation and design.
|Salary Range:||$64,783 - $70,000|
|Benefits:||Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance administered TRS Active Care - District contributes $225 towards Health Insurance premium
$10,000 Term Life Insurance - free to district employees
Dental, vision, cancer, disability & other insurances offered through Employee Benefit Services
5 district leave days & 5 state leave days
|How To Apply:||www.nisd.us > Menu > Departments > Human Resources >Employment Opportunities
Click on the link for the Online Application
|Address:||6450 N. State Hwy 123|