|School District/Employer:||New Braunfels ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Executive Director of Elementary Schools|
|School:||New Braunfels ISD|
|Campus Description:||All Elementary Campuses|
|Description/Notes:||Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide coaching and support (one-to-one and in teams) to campus principals in order to continuously grow their capacity as instructional leaders and leaders of learning.
• Provide coaching for principals and facilitate principal communities of practice and learning networks focused on growing instructional leadership capacity.
• Collaborate with principals and district teams to ensure equitable access to well designed, standards-based work, exceptional learning experiences, and quality assessments and feedback for each student.
• Systematically use multiple forms of feedback and evidence to personalize, design, and deliver support based on the individual needs of principals.
• Design and implement exceptional, results-focused professional learning experiences for principals based on individual and group learning needs.
• Design and align recruitment, hiring and induction systems for new campus leaders as they transition into New Braunfels ISD.
• Apply an equity lens and demonstrate cultural competency in all facets of the role of executive leader in the District.
• Model the way for being a lead learner in the system.
• Model building strong partnerships with families and our community.
• Build and support the capacity of principals to design engaging and aligned learning experiences for teacher and staff to support quality, engaging, and exceptional learning experiences for students.
• Provide transparent, meaningful and on-going feedback to principals through frequent formal and informal structures.
• Build capacity in principals to understand the data story of their campus and students and how to use this understanding to improve practice, strategies and outcomes for students.
• Collaborate with outside colleagues to share ideas and provide coherent support to principals.
• Collaborate with other areas and functions in the central office to provide necessary resources to support principals’ instructional leadership.
• Articulate a shared vision for high quality instruction designed to provide exceptional learning experiences for students and use this vision as a lens through which to coach and guide practice.
• Assist principals to build capacity of their assistant principals to prepare them to become instructional leaders.
• Design systems such as an aspiring administrator academy to nurture a leadership pipeline.
• Design tools, processes and systems to assist principals in school-wide improvement efforts.
• Assist principals in identifying student learning/achievement goals that align to school need and district vision.
• Support principals in staffing, scheduling and budgeting as needed to ensure alignment to the vision, mission and beliefs of New Braunfels ISD and in service to creating exceptional experiences for students.
• Support principals in connecting with other departments to respond to operational and other needs of students and staff.
• Assists administrators in conducting due process procedures regarding discipline management.
• Interprets school law and serves as liaison with school district attorneys and TASB legal staff.
• Coordinates the preparation and distribution of the District Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct.
• Coordinates Student/Parent Handbooks.
• Assists in establishing and managing improvement efforts of Student Support Services.
• Provides leadership and/or support for campuses for responsible student behavior, equity issues, student harassment, discipline, drug dogs, Title IX, etc.
• Works with administrators to resolve student and parent complaints; follow-up as needed.
• Serves as the point of contact for issues related to child custody and guardianships.
• Provides leadership and assistance in developing attendance procedures through the district attendance committee.
• Works with others to project student enrollment and maintain student demographic data.
• Provides leadership for student health services and community and leadership engagement.
• Coordinates budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
• Implements the policies established by federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area assigned.
• Coordinates the District attendance accounting.
• Maintains student demographic data.
• Work with others to project student enrollments.
• Coordinates District/parent communication as related to compulsory attendance.
• Coordinates and approves off-campus physical education and fine arts programs.
• Serves as Hearing Officer for discipline appeals and student expulsions.
• Reviews UIL athletic participation transfers to be recommended to the Board of Trustees for approval.
• Approves Out-of-District Students Transfers and adult supervisors for guardianships.
• Attend board meetings regularly, prepare reports as the Superintendent requests, and major presentations to the board as required.
• Participate in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of rules, regulations, and practices related to student services and administration.
• Plan, develop, and revise district policies in accordance with state legislation for submission to the Board for adoption.
• Respond to questionnaires and surveys relating to district information.
• Informs the superintendent of community concerns, problems, and areas of potential controversies.
• Participate in social, professional, civic, volunteer, and community agencies and groups having an interest in the schools.
• Performs other duties as directed by the superintendent of schools.
Supervise and appraise the performance of the Student Services Department.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent district-wide and statewide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Master’s degree in education or management-related field
Texas Mid-management or other appropriate certification
Knowledge of and experience in the campus level administration.
Knowledge and understanding of University Interscholastic League Constitution and Contest Rules.
Knowledge and understanding of the Texas Education Code.
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Five years of successful school administration/principal experience preferred.
|Salary Range:||$106,839.00 - $153,743.00|
|How To Apply:||Logon to the New Braunfels ISD website at: nbisd.org
Select: About NBISD>Departments>Human Resources>Job Opportunities
|Address:||1000 North Walnut Avenue|