|School District/Employer:||Snook ISD|
|Job Title:||Academic Dean|
|School:||Snook Secondary School|
|Campus Description:||Snook Secondary School is a 6th - 12th grade campus with approximately 260 students.|
|Description/Notes:||• Advise students and parents about options for their personal graduation plan (PGP). Provide guidance in the development and completion of each student’s personal graduation plan (PGP).
• Guide individual students to identify a course of study that promotes college and workforce readiness, career placement and advancement, and helps the student make the transition from secondary to post-secondary education.
• Guide students to plan, monitor, and manage the student’s own education and career development including providing information about post-secondary opportunities.
• Interpret standardized test results and assessment data to guide students in individual goal setting and planning.
• Direct and manage the district’s career and technical education department. Oversee the development and delivery of career and technical education programs that incorporate the district goals and support student achievement.
|Qualifications:||Master’s degree in guidance counseling or school administration*
Valid Texas counseling certificate or administrator’s certificate
* Only a counselor or an administrator may develop personal graduation plans at the high school level. In addition to a counselor or administrator, a teacher or other appropriate individual may develop the plan at the junior high or middle school level. [TEC §28.0212 and §28.02121]
|Salary Range:||Per District Schedule|
|How To Apply:||Apply online at www.snookisd.org; employment opportunities|
|Name:||Brenda W. Krchnak|
|Address:||P.O. Box 87|