|School District/Employer:||Gordon ISD|
|Job Title:||Agriculture Science Teacher|
|Campus Description:||Gordon ISD is a small school 40 miles west of Fort Worth. Gordon ISD has a total enrollment of 220 students. Email resumes and a completed application to the principal Katie Elrod at email@example.com. Applications can be found on the Gordon ISD website.|
|Description/Notes:||Gordon ISD is seeking an energetic individual to oversee the agriculture and FFA program of Gordon ISD. This position would be a blend of both Agricultural Sciences and Ag Mechanics. We are looking for an individual who can build a program that emphasizes leadership.|
|Qualifications:||• Must possess a valid Texas teaching certificate with necessary endorsements.
• Must have exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills
• General knowledge of agriculture science and technology curriculums and instruction
• Possess the ability to maintain classroom management in and out of the classroom
• Has or will be able to receive certification in CPR and basic first aid
• Able to safely travel with students and stock trailers and has or will be willing to work towards a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with bus passenger endorsement
• Experience in LDEs and livestock shows and willing to travel long distances for stock shows
• Willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary to work with students or in preparation in ag production, plant science and livestock.
• Must possess a knowledge of record book system and help students apply for awards, certifications and scholarships.
• Ability to oversee shop equipment use and OSHA safety guidelines included in wood and metal manufacturing with tools such as: welders, torches, saws, hand tools, and plasma cutting table.
• Must have a passion to develop students in a broad array of skills and trades to promote their future study or exposure to fields of work.
• Is well-versed and able to work with a multitude of curriculum resources such as iCEV, online resources, and extensions to appropriately maintain solid skills for the subject being taught.
• Must be able to multi-task and manage many different aspects related to the position and district.
• Flexible to work in non-ag related classrooms on occasions as the master schedule may warrant
• This position will have connections with our county extension office.
• Prior teaching experience preferred but will consider the candidate based upon individual qualities
|Salary Range:||11 month contract per Gordon ISD Salary Schedule|
|Benefits:||$225 towards health insurance
$10,000 life insurance
Pickup and trailer for school use
4 day school week
|How To Apply:||Complete a Gordon ISD application located on the Gordon ISD website. Email resume and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address:||P.O. Box 47|