|School District/Employer:||Florence ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction|
|Description/Notes:||January 2021 Start Date
Oversee the development, implementation, evaluation, and coordination of learning, curriculum, instruction and assessment (PreK-12), including student services, special populations programs, and activities in all schools including organization and administration, supervision, teaching effectiveness, school improvement planning process, staff development, and student performance.
Masters Degree in Education or Educational Administration
Valid Texas Mid-Management or Principal Certificate
Knowledge of Curriculum and Instruction at all levels
Ability to plan effectively, organize, implement, and evaluate plans
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to formulate ideas and communicate effectively
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years experience as a campus administrator required
Two (2) years central office experience in Curriculum and Instruction preferred
Consideration given to strong experience in Curriculum and Instruction outside of district central office
1. Assign responsibilities, delegate specific tasks, and evaluate the performance of personnel in the Curriculum and Instruction Department.
2. Ensure the development and implementation of a professional development plan to provide appropriate orientation, in-service training, and other professional growth opportunities for staff.
3. Foster a work environment and culture that is student-focused and results-oriented and place a priority on improving student and staff learning through rigorous and routine accountability structures.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of appraisal procedures for teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, and other staff members.
5. Assist in screening and selecting personnel for various instructional positions.
Administration and Fiscal Management
1. Develop and monitor the annual budget for the Curriculum and Instruction Department.
2. Assist with campus budget development to ensure that resources are properly aligned with district and campus needs.
1. Represent the District at community meetings and functions as appropriate.
1. Supervise and evaluate personnel in the Curriculum and Instruction Department.
2. Assist in the evaluation of principals.
|Benefits:||Florence ISD pays $4632 annually ($386 monthly) towards Employee Only Health Insurance on the state TRS health insurance plans.|
|How To Apply:||Apply online at www.florenceisd.net|