|School District/Employer:||Orenda Education|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||PART TIME CUSTODIAN, NOLAN CREEK, BELTON, TX|
|School:||Gateway College Preparatory School|
|Campus Description:||Gateway College Preparatory School is an open-enrollment public charter school offering grades K - 12 on one 40 acre campus to students in Williamson County and north Travis County areas. Gateway is uniquely designed to provide a college preparatory curriculum for all grades with advanced placement courses and international studies offered. Gateway is known for its exceptional academic program with the primary emphasis of the campus on the integration of 21st Century Skills throughout the curriculum. All courses are taught by certified and “Highly Qualified” teachers according to the No Child Left Behind Act. There is NO TUITION to attend Gateway and enrollment is open to all students until available seats have been filled.
Smaller and more intimate by design, Gateway offers a public school education that feels and functions like a private school. With a senior class of about 100 - 125 students each year -- Gateway is about 1/8 to 1/4 the size of other area public high schools. This smaller size is critical, because it offers a “human scale” to the learning environment, and allows students greater access to teaching staff, resources and school activities.
Conceived around the ideal “Citizen, Scholar, Athlete,” Gateway represents some of the best thinking in educational innovation, and differs from the large traditional high school model in several ways, from the smaller student body and incorporation of the "flipped classroom", "blended-learning" instructional techniques, to single-gender learning opportunities and full integration of new technology to enhance the learning experience.
A fine arts program and competitive athletics are offered. Gateway is a member of the University Interscholastic League (UIL), the organization primarily responsible for offering sound, educational extracurricular activities to Texas public school students for over 100 years. As a UIL member, Gateway competes against UIL assigned district schools and schedules non-district competition with local private, parochial and public schools that have a similar size student body.
Gateway College Preparatory School is a part of the Orenda Charter Schools system. Orenda Education is the sponsoring entity for Orenda Charter Schools. Orenda Education is a non-profit educational organization incorporated in 1995 that is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas.
Gateway Academic Accolades
Based on the recent 2014 state-wide STAAR accountability ratings on Texas public schools, Gateway College Preparatory School score of “Met Standard” with five (5) distinctions in mathematics, science, reading/ELA, social studies and post- secondary readiness exceeded the ratings of most other public schools in Central Texas.
Compared to all 65 schools in the Round Rock ISD and Georgetown ISD combined, only 7 schools received a better rating than Gateway Prep.
In a 2014 report on “America’s Most Challenging High Schools” conducted by and published in the Washington Post, Gateway College Preparatory School was ranked 42nd in Texas and number 4 in the greater Austin area. The report ranked schools in the nation based on a ratio of the number of college credit exams (Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and Advanced International Certificate of Education) taken at a high school each year compared to the number of graduating seniors.
In a September 1, 2014 Dallas Morning News article on the Texas public school academic accountability ratings, the Orenda charter school district was listed as one of the top 25 public school districts in Texas (traditional and charter school districts combined with at least 1,000 students) that significantly exceeded state averages in student academic growth.
Another significant achievement, and one of which we are very proud, is that our boys are performing just as well as our girls academically and, in many subjects, exceeding our girls. This is a significant development because in America the trend has been that boys are not doing as well as our girls in school.
Today, women outpace men in college enrollment by a ratio of 1.4 to 1 and the gap has been growing for well over a decade. Research shows that schools like Gateway Prep, with high expectations and stronger academic climates for both genders, can be a difference maker for boys. In other words, boys are better prepared and more likely to be college ready if they attend a secondary school that only offers college level core courses.
The custodian will clean and maintain district facilities using routine procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Assist with lunchroom set up and take down, including arranging tables and chairs and wiping down tables.
- Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by principal.
- Assisting with setting up of facilities for special events such as parent nights.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, and climbing.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an effective and efficient work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures
- Skill in operating hand tools or simple machinery
- Skill in performing manual labor under varying working conditions
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid driver's license
- Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Equipment; buffer, stripper, Wet/dry vacuum cleaner, hand tools, shampooer
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching, and overhead reaching
- Possible heavy lifting and carrying up to 45 lbs.
- Work inside and outside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials
|Salary Range:||Compensation: $10.80 - $15.01/hourly, depending on experience
Hours: 11:00am - 3:00pm
|Benefits:||Should you enroll in TRS medical, Orenda Education makes a $378 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
TRS ACTIVE CARE BCBS Health Insurance
* Active Care-HD
* Active Care Primary
* TX Schools Health Benefits HD
* TX Schools Health Benefits Co-Pay
* Scott & White HMO
|How To Apply:||Visit www.orendaeducation.org under employment to submit an application.
Please attach Cover Letter, Resume and References
|Address:||2951 Williams Drive|