|School District/Employer:||Orenda Education|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||TEACHER, BELTON, TX|
|School:||NOLAN CREEK SCHOOL - Orenda Education|
|Campus Description:||Mission: To create new and innovative school choice opportunities for families seeking an alternative to the large, more traditional public school systems.
Vision: To be a leader in the school choice movement, providing life-changing academic instruction to students who may not reach their academic and human potential in the large, more traditional public school system.
Purpose: The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. Orenda Education is also the not-for-profit sponsoring entity for Orenda Charter Schools, an “open- enrollment charter school” district. A charter school is a public school sponsored by a private, not-for-profit organization.
|Description/Notes:||These positions will be for our Nolan Creek Campus located in Belton, TX.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in the academic subject and grade assigned to help students develop competencies and skills to be successful in post-secondary education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work collaboratively with other members of campus and district staff to determine instructional goals and objectives and serve the needs of all students.
• Use a variety of instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
• Prepares and provides instruction based on accommodations as outlined in the student’s IEP.
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Report and communicate student progress to parents.
• Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
• Be a positive role model for students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and handbook.
• Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by principal.
• Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
• Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
• Participates in all continuing professional development and relevant ARD meetings.
• Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records and other documents, as required.
• Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
• Promotes and contributes to campus-wide initiatives including AVID.
• Protects confidentiality of students and their families.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Support the mission and vision of the campus and district.
• Adheres to policies and procedures of the campus and district.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge of: Principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to teaching and instructing student in the subject and grade level assigned. Strong knowledge of developing curriculum and along with integrating technology into daily instruction.
Ability to: Design, develop, and implement subject area curriculum that is based on best practices. Provide effective and innovative learning experiences for students at a college preparatory level. Provide an attractive, inviting and stimulating learning environment and develop positive relationships with students.
Experience: Successful completion of student teaching at a recognized college or university or other applicable field/volunteer work.
Education: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university and valid Texas Teacher Certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
* 4-8 GENERALIST or CORE SUBJECTS CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
* ESL REQUIRED
* This position will be teaching MS Math and Science so experience in these core subjects is preferred.
|Salary Range:||Compensation is $45,114 - $56,991 annually depending on experience.
190 calendar days
|Benefits:||Should you enroll in TRS medical, Orenda Education makes a $378 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
TRS ACTIVE CARE BCBS Health Insurance
* Active Care-HD
* Active Care Primary
* TX Schools Health Benefits HD
* TX Schools Health Benefits Co-Pay
* Scott & White HMO
|How To Apply:||Visit www.orendaeducation.org under careers to submit an application.
Please attach Cover Letter, Resume and References
|Address:||2951 Williams Drive|