|School District/Employer:||ESC Region 4|
|District Category/Employer:||Education Service Center|
|Position:||Diagnostician, Psychologist, Specialist, Speech Pathologist|
|Job Title:||Education Specialist, Student Evaluation|
|School:||Region 4 Education Service Center|
Provide professional development and services, develop products, and participate in special project activities in the area of Student Evaluation that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
1. Collaborate with team members to develop, plan, and implement professional development, products, and services for clients related to Child Find, evaluation, and collaborative ARD supports.
2. Provide assistance in activities related to compliance with state and federal laws and State Board of Education rules and regulations.
3. Participate in developing, planning, and implementing programs to meet the unique needs of diverse populations of students with disabilities.
4. Help plan and implement ongoing needs assessment systems for client programs and Region 4 services.
5. Participate in developing communication networks between the service center and client personnel.
6. Help monitor the effectiveness of department activities in the region and provide leadership in evaluating those activities.
7. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, i.e. grant proposals, interdepartmental services, demonstration sites, research studies, and other client-based projects.
8. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP), Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), or Certified Educational Diagnostician
1. Minimum of five years campus-based experience in evaluation and identification of all disabilities
2. Minimum of three years district-wide experience in Special Education or Psychological Services, i.e. Team Lead, Coordinator
3. Experience in developing and presenting professional development
4. Experience leading collaborative multidisciplinary teams
5. Experience developing resources (i.e., guidelines, online training, tools) to support assessment professionals and/or teachers
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
2. Experience in gathering and reviewing data related to identification of students with disabilities under special education law
3. Experience in developing Individualized Educational Plans based on data
4. Specific training, knowledge, and extensive practice with norm-referenced instruments (specifically cognitive, achievement, developmental, and psychological/behavioral measures)
5. Proficiency in writing formal evaluation reports
6. Broad-based knowledge in state and federal rules and regulations related to special education, especially in the areas of Child Find, student evaluation, and the ARD process
|Salary Range:||$71,802.00 - $85,991.00|
|Benefits:||Healthcare benefits with generous employer contribution towards premiums
TRS Pension Fund Membership
Voluntary retirement plan with employer match
School-based holiday calendar
Employee Wellness Program
|How To Apply:||For more information about working at Region 4 and to submit an application, please visit our Careers page at www.esc4.net/careers.|
|Address:||7145 West Tidwell|