|School District/Employer:||ESC Region 4|
|District Category/Employer:||Education Service Center|
|Job Title:||Education Specialist - Funding, Compliance, and Accountability|
|School:||Region 4 Education Service Center|
Provide professional development and services, develop products, and participate in special project activities in area(s) of special education funding, compliance, accountability, and special education related services that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
1. Deliver or facilitate effective regional professional development and support to LEAs that will provide districts and charters with the necessary information to comply with
federal and state programs and mandates in the area of special education and related services, fiscal management, and compliance requirements.
2. Work collaboratively to provide support to regional special education leaders in areas related to special education programming, funding and compliance.
3. Provide technical assistance and customized services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.
4. Develop products/resources to support instruction and programming.
5. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, e.g., grant proposals, interdepartmental services, demonstration sites, research studies, and other customer-based projects including, but not limited to accountability, compliance, fiscal management, and supervision of special education programs.
6. Keep current in state and federal rules, regulations and policies related to area(s) of responsibility.
7. Ensure compliance with ESC and Department procedures regarding policies, procedures and fiscal management.
8. Work effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
9. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, services, and products in area(s) of responsibility.
10. Help plan and implement ongoing needs assessments and services for Region 4 customer districts.
11. Participate in developing communication networks between Region 4 and customer district personnel.
12. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility
13. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
14. Perform other duties deemed necessary and appropriate as assigned.
Texas Educator Certificate in Special Education or related professional certificate/licensure
1. Minimum three years in leadership position(s) related to directing or supervising special education programming
2. Minimum five years teaching or related experience in special education
3. Experience developing and presenting professional development
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of funding
2. Broad-based knowledge of, compliance, rules and regulations, and accountability related to special education services
3. Demonstrates exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Doctoral degree
2. Extensive knowledge in the areas of ADA, Section 504, private school services, PEIMS/Texas Student Data System, applications with TEAL/TEASE, accountability and monitoring
3. Knowledge and experience in the provision of special education related services
|Salary Range:||$71,802.00 - $85,991.00|
|Benefits:||Healthcare benefits with generous employer contribution towards premiums
TRS Pension Fund Membership
Voluntary retirement plan with employer match
School-based holiday calendar
Employee Wellness Program
|How To Apply:||For more information about working at Region 4 and to submit an application, please visit our Careers Site at www.esc4.net/careers|
|Address:||7145 West Tidwell|