|School District/Employer:||Sherman ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Technology Service Coordinator|
|Description/Notes:||Coordinate the efforts of the Sherman ISD Technical Services Team. This is a working
supervisor position meaning the successful candidate will be able to supervise technology
support staff while maintaining duties in the day-to-day operation of district technology.
The Technology Services Coordinator shall:
1. Oversee all aspects of technology at Sherman ISD campuses and administration buildings.
2. Maintain and monitor relevant operating system(s) and network performance with associated tools and utilities.
3. Provide technical support for Erate application.
4. Demonstrate working knowledge of applications to optimize performance, resolve problems, and modify as required.
5. Coordinate technical support for the site/customer.
6. Provide system/application administration such as account management, storage assignments and access authorization.
7. Provide telecommunications support for internal and external network access.
8. Provide expert input in recommending hardware and software configurations, solutions, and Technology Services Coordinator planning.
9. Develop new and/or revise administrative methods or policies to improve utilization,
reporting, and overall accountability in administration of systems and applications to ensure efficient and effective resource utilization.
10. Ensure technical staff have appropriate training and support to perform their duties.
11. Ensure technical staff adhere to district policies and procedures for maintaining district
12. Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the Superintendent or designee.
Technicians and contract personnel and other staff as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; moderate walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (15 pounds or less); occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; frequent District-wide and state-wide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; ability to manage several projects at once; work under stress, as a team member and independently, under pressure of deadlines and with overlapping projects; must follow policies and procedures of organization.
Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree preferred
Demonstrated knowledge in computer operating systems, data communications, local area networks, and technology procurement methods
Successful experience as a computer technician and/or telecommunications engineer
Familiar with Cisco networking equipment
Familiar with Microsoft server technology
Understanding of customer service and technology support strategies
|How To Apply:||Interested applicants must complete the Sherman ISD application at https://www.shermanisd.net/careers and submit the required documentation as outlined on the ShermanISD webpage.
|Address:||P.O. Box 1176|