|School District/Employer:||Graford ISD|
|Job Title:||Athletic Director / Head Boy's Basketball Coach / Teacher - TBD|
|Campus Description:||Graford ISD is a 1A school district that services the Possum Kingdom Lake area of Palo Pinto county just 15 miles northwest of Mineral Wells. The student population services nearly 350 students in grades PK-12.|
|Description/Notes:||Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Planning and Instruction
1. Establish performance criteria for competition and manage athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship. Model performance criteria and perform physical movements required for a successful student performance of the sport.
2. Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development including the time, resources, and materials to support the accomplishment of department goals.
3. Establish and maintain physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and verify each athlete’s eligibility.
4. Use a variety of instructional and coaching techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in the all sports.
5. Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
6. Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletics.
7. Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to gauge athletic program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responsive to student needs.
8. Manage district athletic operations including directing ticket sales, employing game officials, and ensuring preparation of facilities.
9. Prepare and approve all interscholastic game schedules.
10. Arrange transportation, lodging, and meals for out-of-town athletic events. Drive bus to transport students to out-of-district competition or make arrangements for a driver.
11. Implement district student management policies, communicate expected student behavior related to athletics, and ensure enforcement of student discipline in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Accompany and supervise student-athletes during sports games both at home and on out-of-town trips.
13. Instruct and advise students on National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
14. Establish and maintain open lines of communication on vital issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Administration, Budget and Inventory
15. Implement the policies established by federal law, state law, State Board of Education rule, UIL rules, and local board policy in the area of athletics.
16. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
17. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
18. Administer athletic budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
19. Oversee the process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all athletic equipment including maintaining a current inventory of supplies, equipment, and fixed assets and recommending disposal and replacement of equipment.
20. Coordinate the use of all athletic facilities
21. Plan, organize and oversee all activities including practices, special events, and tournaments.
22. Review job descriptions for the athletic department.
23. Train, supervise, and evaluate all athletic department personnel and make recommendations relative to the assignment, transfer, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
24. Develop training options and/or improvement plans for employees to ensure exemplary operation in the area of athletics.
25. Articulate the district’s mission and goals in the area of athletics to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
26. Demonstrate awareness of district and community needs, initiate activities to meet those needs, and use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
27. Support athletic booster club activities.
Supervise and evaluate coaches
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Current first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate
Clear and valid Texas commercial driver’s license with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements
Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program
Knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures
Knowledge of federal, state, and UIL policies governing athletics
Ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes
Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical (include if bus driving duties are required)
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Excellent public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, parents, and staff
|Benefits:||Comprehensive and competitive benefits package available.|
|How To Apply:||Interested candidates please complete the professional application located on the Employment page for Graford ISD http://www.grafordisd.net/employment.html. Attach the application, resume, references, and a copy of your SBEC certification / in an email to the Mr. Dennis Holt's, Superintendent of Schools, secretary... Mrs. Deanna Box ... firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns please call 940-664-3101.|
|Name:||Clifton James Womack|
|Address:||400 West Division Street|