|School District/Employer:||Three Rivers ISD|
|Job Title:||Special Education Teacher|
|School:||Three Rivers Jr/Sr High School|
|Campus Description:||Three Rivers ISD is conveniently located halfway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi where IH 37 and HWY 281 converge. We are home to Choke Canyon recreational area and offer small town living within driving distance of the big city. We have approximately 600 students PreK-12. We offer PreK3 as well as PreK4 if you have young children. Our facilities are excellent with new schools, cutting edge technology and spacious classrooms. Our students are extremely well-behaved and our administrators are enthusiastic. We are looking for high energy teachers and families who want to become a part of the Bulldog Nation!|
|Description/Notes:||*Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the district's curriculum program
* Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles
* Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the TEA, Board of Trustee policies and administrative regulations
* Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
*Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior.
* Establish a system of student evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
* Continually evaluate and record various aspects of student progress and report to parents and guardians as needed and required.
* Teach within the course of study for the subjects area at the grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
* Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes.
* Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize available time for instruction.
* Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing the helping students resolve health, attitude and learning problems.
* Be available for counseling with students and parents before and after school.
* Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational programs to the community through such activities as open house and PTA meetings
*Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable)
* Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district's uniform guidelines for evaluation and assessment.
* Keep accurate records of student information; compile, maintain and fill all reports, records and other documents required by the school and district.
* Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||*Special Education certified
*Bachelors degree from an accredited university; valid Texas teachers certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
* Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
* Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
*Present subject matter accourding to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies and administrative regulations
|Salary Range:||Pay scale located at trisd.org under the Business Department tab.|
|Benefits:||Full benefits available through TRS. More information can be found on the Three Rivers website.|
|How To Apply:||Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address:||351 South School Rd.|