|School District/Employer:||International Leadership of Texas|
|Job Title:||Assistant Principal- Bilingual Preferred|
|School:||International Leadership of Texas|
|Campus Description:||Westpark K8|
To assist the principal in the overall administration of the school.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required
• Master’s Degree in Education Administration or related field preferred
• Valid Texas Principal Endorsement preferred
• Three years of teaching experience required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body.
• Assists in reporting and monitoring student attendance and tardiness.
• Assists with bus issues and discipline and referrals.
• Monitors the supervision of students in places other than the classroom.
• Supervises student behavior during co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
• Assists in monitoring and supervising the instructional program.
• Assists in providing and supervising professional learning opportunities for campus faculty and
• Appraises and conducts short walks for professional building personnel as part of the teacher
appraisal system and evaluation processes.
• Assists and supervises substitutes in the performance of their duties.
• Assists in the supervision of all campus staff.
• Develops duty schedules for professionals and paraprofessionals.
• Monitors plant security and safety standards to include fire prevention and school bus
• Assists in the development and updates of the school crisis plan.
• Maintains and monitors campus textbooks to include state textbooks.
• Develops instructional schedules for teachers, students, and aides.
• Serves as test coordinator.
• Serves as liaison for student teachers/field observation with area colleges and universities.
• Responsible for all state mandated testing.
• Facilitates communication within the school and between school and community.
• Participates in program development at the campus and district level.
• Assists with issues related to special programs, such as Special Education, Bilingual, At- Risk,
504, TAG testing, the behavior management program, etc.
• Attends Faculty/Parent Night and Campus and/or district-wide meetings.
• Attends workshops and conventions for professional development.
• As assigned by Principal
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment
• Thorough understanding of school operations
• Thorough understanding of Professional Learning community concepts and implementation
• Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
• Ability to manage personnel
• Ability to coordinate campus functions
• Ability to implement policy and procedures
• Ability to interpret data
• Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
• Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors
• Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete
day to day tasks
• Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with
tact and diplomacy
• Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive
attitude with all customers and colleagues
• Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner
and provide quick, responsive customer service
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
• In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned
duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has
received approved leave
• Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor
• All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image
of ILTexas and is appropriate for their position
|Qualifications:|| Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required
Master’s Degree in Education Administration or related field preferred
Valid Texas Principal Endorsement preferred
|How To Apply:||Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply to ILTexas website.
|Address:||1810 N. Glenville Dr Ste 102|