|School District/Employer:||Wharton ISD|
|Job Title:||Assistant Principal|
|School:||Wharton High School|
|Campus Description:||Wharton, Texas is a quiet, community-driven town that offers a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of big city life. Only 45 minutes from downtown Houston and less than an hour from the beach, the location is appealing to any lifestyle.
Our school district is built on the standard of “One Team, One Vision, Together on a Mission,” ensuring teamwork and cohesion play vital roles in the academic success of our students. Wharton ISD boasts a district enrollment of approximately 2200 students, making it a 4A classification.
Our four campuses are:
Sivells Elementary School – Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd
Wharton Elementary School - 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Wharton Junior High School - 7th, 8th
Wharton High School - 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
How do we stand out? We are the only district in the county to offer an ROTC program, as well as the only district in Region 3 to offer an Early College High School by utilizing our partnership with Wharton County Junior College.
As a district, we are committed to offering a smooth transition for all new staff, guaranteeing a welcoming and supportive environment. Upon hire, you will be assigned a mentor teacher who will be available from Day One to provide guidance with classroom management techniques, materials, and creative ideas. At Wharton ISD, we know that the success of our students relies greatly on the success of our teachers...and we are determined to help you become the best teacher
Direct and manage assigned areas of instructional program and campus operations. Oversee assigned student activities and services.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate. Participate in program evaluation measures and make suggestions for improvement where needed.
2. Reinforce expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies and classroom management.
3. Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
4. Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to ensure attainment of the school’s mission.
5. Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
6. Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
7. Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
8. Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
9. Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
10. Ensure that students are adequately supervised during noninstructional periods.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
11. Oversee campus operations in principal’s absence.
12. Take a leadership role in planning and scheduling of daily school activities including the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
13. Oversee reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with staff to identify and address issues.
14. Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
15. Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment and monitor and maintain inventory in accordance with district procedures.
16. Coordinate operational support services such as transportation, custodial, and cafeteria to best meet campus needs.
17. Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and regulations affecting schools.
18. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences. Serve as second appraiser as needed for designated teacher appraisal system.
19. Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
20. Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
21. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Supervise and evaluate the work of professional staff as assigned by the school principal. Direct the work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified T-TESS appraiser or ability to become certified
Knowledge of campus operations
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years experience as a classroom teacher
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
**District meets eligibility requirements for Student Loan Forgiveness
|How To Apply:||Apply online at www.whartonisd.net.
Go to Departments, Human Resources, job openings.
|Address:||2100 North Fulton Street|