|School District/Employer:||Wink-Loving ISD|
|School:||Wink-Loving ISD (Facilities Assignment TBD)|
|Campus Description:||District-wide and assigned as needed by supervisors|
1. Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
2. Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
3. Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
4. Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
Maintenance and Repair
5. Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
6. Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff. Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to principal.
7. Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
8. Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by principal.
9. Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
10. Assist with opening and closing building each school day checking to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
11. Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
12. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
13. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, hand tools, shampooer, lawn mower, edger, and weed eater.
Posture: Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching, and overhead reaching
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
|Qualifications:||Education/Certification: HS diploma preferred
Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Ability to work cooperatively with others and be a team player
|Salary Range:||See district salary schedule for Custodian under Pay Grade 2:
|Benefits:||Very competitive salary - see Wink-Loving ISD Salary Schedule online
6% Matching Annuity
Fully funded District Health Insurance provided
Life Insurance policy paid
|How To Apply:||Step 1: Complete district professional employee application form by visiting:
Step 2: Submit district employee application and resume/credentials to Mr. Anaan Ramirez, PO Box 637 Wink, Texas 79789, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Address:||P.O. Box 637|
|Phone:||(432) 527-3880 x7001|