|School District/Employer:||La Pryor ISD|
|Job Title:||Dual Assignment Special Education Teacher / Coaching|
|School:||La Pryor High School|
|Campus Description:||Grades 7th - 12th|
|Description/Notes:||THIS IS A DUAL ASSIGNMENT WHICH REQUIRES TEACHING AND COACHING
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
2. Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
3. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
4. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
5. Initiate, prepare for, and participate in ARD meetings.
6. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan for instructional activities.
7. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by IEP.
8. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
9. Plan and supervise assignments for teacher assistants(s).
10. Use technology in teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
11. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
13. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
14. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
15. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
16. Manage student behavior and administer discipline. This includes developing behavior plans, intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
17. Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
18. Consult district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
19. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
20. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
21. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
22. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
23. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
24. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
25. Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers.
26. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
27. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervise assigned teacher assistant(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non-ambulatory students. Exposure to bodily fluids and biological hazards.
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
Knowledgeable of inclusion and other special education settings
Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required Special Education endorsements to meet highly effective state guidelines
Acceptable criminal history record and fingerprinting results
Valid Texas Drivers license with acceptable driving record
|Salary Range:||Salary based on experience|
District pays 338.00 towards health insurance
District pays for employee's dental insurance
District provides a 5000.00 term life insurance policy
District is loan forgiveness eligible
|How To Apply:||Go to lapryor.net
go to the human resource tab located on the left hand side
fill out the appropriate region 20 online application.
Copy and paste this link into your browser
|Address:||P.O. Box 519|