|School District/Employer:||Marshall ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Curriculum & Instruction|
|School:||Marshall Independent School District|
|Campus Description:||Administration Building|
|Description/Notes:||Secretary – Curriculum & Instruction
REPORTS TO: Asst. Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
3. Proficient in using Internet to locate and download information.
4. Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills with ability to proof and edit.
5. Multi-tasking, detailed oriented.
6. Ability to follow multiple directions.
Organize and manage the routine work activities of the Curriculum Coordinators.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: non-contractual (At-will), Clerical/Paraprofessional
226 days, estimated 8 hours daily, Wage/Hour status: Nonexempt
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Organize and manage the routine work activities with maximum efficiency and output.
2. Perform varied typing tasks in the preparation of correspondence, forms, reports, etc.
3. Compile information for preparing various reports or documents.
4. Exercise good telephone etiquette, take reliable messages.
5. Ensure confidentiality of all district related matters.
6. Perform routine bookkeeping tasks, including preparing requisitions for supplies and travel, reconciling and documenting receipts, processing purchase orders, and maintaining accurate budget balances and records for various coordinators.
7. Order testing supplies for and materials for appropriate programs (i.e. GT, ESL/Bilingual, district benchmarks.
8. Assist in the formatting of district tests.
9. Oversight of DMAC Management (adding users).
10. Assist in processing incoming state assessment materials.
11. Organize and maintain any required documentation or files.
12. Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
13. Adhere to the district’s safety policies and procedures.
14. Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of district business.
15. Coordinates organization and communication of student information for various programs.
16. Request records from various school districts in regards to student programing (i.e. 504, dyslexia, ESL/Bilingual, GT)
17. Ensure proper coding of students in PIEMS data base (i.e. 504, At Risk, ESL/Bilingual, GT)
18. Must be able to perform the essential functions of walking and interacting with students and/or district employees in the specific work site assigned (classroom or office setting).
19. Other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Reading, ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under stress; interpret policy, procedures, and data. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer terminal possible. Occasional district-wide travel. Occasional statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.
|Qualifications:||Please read job description.|
|Salary Range:||To be determined|
|How To Apply:||Please apply at: www.marshallisd.com|
|Address:||1305 E. Pinecrest Drive|