|School District/Employer:||Trinity Basin Preparatory|
|Job Title:||Special Programs Coordinator:ESL|
|School:||Trinity Basin Preparatory|
|Campus Description:||PK3 through 8th grade Charter District with multiple campuses in Dallas and Fort Worth.|
|Description/Notes:||The Special Programs Coordinator: ESL is actively involved at the campus and district level in the design and delivery of effective, appropriate services to students identified as Limited English Proficient.
• Collaborates with Principals and the CAO to maintain compliance with all federal, state and local standards.
• Coordinates and/or conducts appropriate testing, evaluation, and identification of students who qualify for ESL services.
• Schedules and conducts LPAC meetings as needed.
• Maintains current, confidential, accurate, and compliant student records including becoming intimately familiar with student records and actively monitoring progress and deadlines in order to ensure compliance with district, state and federal guidelines.
• Acts as a liaison with the classroom teacher(s) for the purpose of ensuring adequate ESL instruction.
• Assists in developing, coordinating, and reviewing district ESL policies and procedures.
• Conducts training and coordinates with campus level ESL Interventionists to ensure best practices in working with students who qualify for ESL services.
• Maintains and communicates current knowledge of federal, state and local requirements relevant to ESL programs.
• Provides thorough and timely reports, data and information as requested.
• Assists in providing training to teachers regarding compliance and best practices in ESL strategies.
• Collaborates with CAO and principals to develop coherent, appropriate curricula for ESL students.
• Participates in planning, implementation, and evaluation of campus standardized testing program.
• Works with newcomer students, or helps coordinate newcomer services for students new to the country.
• Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the CAO.
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
• Ability and/or willingness to learn to use and understand Microsoft Office for spreadsheets, letters and other written communications in order to effectively communicate information with employees, administration and the Board.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
• ESL Certification.
• Reliable means of transportation
|Salary Range:||$54,000+ commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||All standard district benefits.|
|How To Apply:||Email resume and cover letter to Therese Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference TASA posting in the email. You can also apply through our website at www.trinitybasin.net and click on the careers tab to attach your documents and complete your application.|
|Address:||400 S. Zang Blvd., Suite 700|