|School District/Employer:||Dallas ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Deputy Chief Financial Officer|
|School:||Dallas Independent School District|
|Description/Notes:||At the direction of the Chief Financial Officer:
• Develop organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and make recommendations to strategic thinking and direction.
• Establish functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Implement and execute the strategic planning of the financial operations for the organization.
• Provide financial leadership and direction to the organization and direct reports.
• Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the district.
• Develop, with the approval of the Chief Financial Officer, the type of organization needed to accomplish the district’s objectives and programs.
• Manage the establishment of ongoing financial operations to insure fiscal responsibility to meet the needs of the schools, community and taxpayers.
• Manage the development of financial programs and methods to establish the standards and evaluation of performance.
• Manage the maintenance of district records and reports, as deemed necessary by the Chief Financial Officer, to keep the Superintendent of Schools, other executive staff, and the Board of Trustees informed of district progress and future plans.
• Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions, minimizing the impact of variances.
• Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer or designee.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or directly related field; MBA preferred.
• Professional financial designation preferred (CA, CMA, CPA, CTP or CFP).
• Demonstrated knowledge of public school finance, budgeting and accounting principles, gained through an extensive number of years of directly related experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of competitive bidding statutes and state purchasing procedures
• Advanced computer skills and analytical skills.
• Ability to strategize and solve large scale organizational problems.
|Salary Range:||Minimum: $148,378|
|How To Apply:||If interested apply online at www.dallasisd.org|
|Address:||3700 Ross Avenue|