|School District/Employer:||Manor ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Educational Diagnostician|
Essential Job Functions:
• Receive student referrals and implement the appraisal process.
• Select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
• Collect and organize relevant assessment data from student’s cumulative folder, classroom teachers(s), principal, support staff, parents, and outside resource people.
• Conduct classroom observation and personal interviews.
• Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
• Provide staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel in identification and understanding of students with disabilities.
• Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEP.
• Consult parents concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
• Consult parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant individuals to enhance their work with students.
• Develop and maintain effective individual and group relationships with students and parents.
• Assist in the selection of assessment materials and equipment.
• Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the assessment program and make changes based on findings.
• Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and local board policy in the areas of assessment, placement, and planning for special education services.
• Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations.
• Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignment.
• Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors.
• Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
• Report to work in a timely manner according to assigned schedule.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrator that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
|Qualifications:||Master’s degree in educational assessment
Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate
|Salary Range:||$55,00 (min)|
|How To Apply:||www.manorisd.net
|Address:||10335 U.S. Hwy. 290 East|