|School District/Employer:||Yellowstone Academy|
|Job Title:||Director of Grants|
|Campus Description:||Founded in 2002, Yellowstone Academy’s mission is to be the premier school in Houston’s inner-city. This year, we are serving nearly 350 students in preK-3 through 8th grade, and another 115 alumni. Yellowstone’s model is unique: we are a faith-based private school, serving students from communities where there is no access to strong educational opportunities. With an average class size of just 16-18 children, our students experience a rich academic and co-curricular model, while receiving free bus transportation, two free meals a day, and access to a comprehensive student support program. We operate on a Third Ward campus built in 1927 that is less than half a mile from downtown Houston. We are building an incredible team who is deeply committed to our mission and work—and we invite you to join us.|
|Description/Notes:||The Director of Grants will be responsible for all aspects of Yellowstone’s grants program, including prospect research, writing proposals, reporting, and stewardship, and for developing and nurturing relationships with congregations and other community organizations to identify new sources of revenue and volunteer support for the school. The following duties will be performed, but are not limited to:
• Work with school leadership to identify funding priorities and special projects
• Research, identify, and cultivate new grant prospects
• Communicate regularly with development team, Board, and key volunteers to identify potential grant opportunities
• Prepare and manage grant requests and reports to foundations and other grant-making organizations
• Establish and nurture relationships with current and potential foundations, congregations, community organizations, and other grant-making organizations
• Maintain updated data required for grant proposals and reports
• Maintain accurate grant calendar, including submission deadlines, report deadlines, cultivation actions, and stewardship plans
• Schedule site visits and provide tours to current and potential donors
• Coordinate third party events and activities that benefit Yellowstone
• Acknowledge and recognize donors
• Assist with development activities and special events, as needed
Every employee at Yellowstone is committed to our PRIDE values:
Positive: At Yellowstone, we smile first. We are a positive presence on campus and extend a good-natured grace and enthusiasm in all personal interactions.
Responsible: We follow through on our promises and commitments. We own our actions and will never settle for less than our best effort.
Integrity: We demonstrate integrity in all circumstances and always put the best interests of the Yellowstone community first. We “walk the talk” and lead by example.
Determined: We anticipate and overcome challenges. We are resilient in the face of obstacles and are committed to the success of every member of the Yellowstone community.
Excellence: We hold everyone (families, students, colleagues) to the highest standard of excellence and constantly look for ways to enhance the Yellowstone experience.
|Qualifications:||Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 3+ years in grant preparation
Special Skills: Computer proficiency; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred. Proven ability to interact effectively with prospects, donors, volunteers, Board, and staff. Proven track record in managing relationships with community organizations. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member. Outstanding communication, planning, organizational, proofreading, and editing skills.
|How To Apply:||Please apply through our website at www.yellowstoneacademy.org.
|Address:||3000 Trulley Street|