|Job Title:||Instructional Coach, Elementary ELA|
|Description/Notes:||Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1 Serve as a content specialist to assist in the development and implementation of campus instructional plans that align to district goals and curriculum.
2 Work with coordinator and campus administration to design and provide professional development focused on improving alignment and delivery of the written, taught and tested curriculum to increase student success and close performance gaps.
3 Work with teachers and campus administration to analyze student data, diagnose instructional needs and identify research-based instructional strategies to close achievement gaps.
4 Provide job-embedded professional development for teachers through modeling engaging, standards-based teaching as needed.
5 Collaborate with content coordinator, campus administration, and teachers to review and develop aligned curriculum components including assessments.
6 Provide individual and/or group instructional coaching and mentoring to teachers to improve classroom instruction for all learners.
7 Conduct teacher observations and/or walk-throughs and provide feedback that facilitates teacher reflection and growth.
8 Work with content coordinator, campus administration, and team and/or grade level teachers in planning standards-based lessons and assessments aligned to the district curriculum.
9 Manage and distribute instructional resources to teachers and provide training on the use of those resources.
10 Encourage and support the implementation of technology and innovative strategies in the classroom.
1 Attend district level training and provide campus level professional development in district initiatives.
2 Provide ongoing feedback to campus administration to be used in the teacher evaluation process.
3 Assist with the campus strategic plan and formulation of the CIP.
4 Assist in the development, monitoring and implementation of teacher intervention plans.
5 Assist with the implementation and monitoring of campus and district initiatives.
6 Assist in the collection, analysis and response to campus data.
7 Attend campus and district meetings/trainings as assigned.
8 Serve as a member of the campus leadership team.
1 The ability to work effectively with adult learners
2 The ability to skillfully offer constructive feedback to facilitate change
3 The ability to be flexible, open and willing to implement new ideas in the classroom
4 The ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities, projects and tasks
5 The ability to work and contribute to a team
6 The ability to seek resources and solutions to effectively solve problems
● Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required
● Master’s degree preferred
● Valid Texas teaching certificate required
● Highly Qualified by NCLB definition
● At least three years of successful ELAR teaching experience
● At least five years of successful ELAR teaching experience preferred
● Experience in development, preparation, and presentation of professional development preferred
● ESL certification preferred
● General knowledge of all elementary curriculum areas
● Specific knowledge of assigned content area(s) and state assessments
● Specific knowledge of assessment and lesson design
● General knowledge of serving special populations of learners
● Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
● Demonstrate organizational and technology skills
● Effective oral and written communication skills
|Salary Range:||Teacher Salary Schedule + stipend for 15 additional work days|
|Benefits:||Bryan ISD offers a range of medical, dental, vision, cancer & heart protection.|
|How To Apply:||Apply on our website at www.bryanisd.org today!|