|School District/Employer:||Responsive Education Solutions|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||Pre Kindergarten Instructional Aide|
|School:||San Antonio Foundation School for Autism|
Assist special education teacher(s) to provide for the instructional and behavioral needs of students with disabilities. Assist in the implementation of classroom programs, including behavior management and instructional programs. Assist individual and small groups of students with their assignments. Work under the general supervision of the principal and immediate direction of the special education teacher.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assist teacher in all areas of work.
2. Assist students with academics.
3. Distribute lesson paks or assign computer lessons to students.
4. Grade student tests.
5. Enter scores on Student Progress Records.
6. Prepare congratulations slips for passed tests.
7. Assist teachers in checking daily goals to ensure work is being completed.
8. Motivate students for maximum learning.
9. Assist in maintaining discipline in classroom.
10. Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
11. Inspire students with consistency, care, and interest to build students’ self-esteem, and promote further success.
12. Praise students, compliment them and encourage them in order to build character.
13. Utilize a variety of learning methods to enhance the students’ learning experience.
14. Read and comply with: RES School Procedures Manual, Employee Handbook, Student Handbook, and Student Code of Conduct.
Must be a certified Educational Aide OR have a high school diploma and 48 hours of higher education OR have an Associate Degree OR have successfully completed the THEA or other appropriate examination of core academic ability.
A minimum of passing the THEA required for Highly Qualified status. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college preferred. Six months to one year related experience or training very helpful.
Teacher’s Certificate recommended but not required.
• Ability to work with children, love for children and learning
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
|How To Apply:||Interested applicants can apply at: https://responsiveed.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2985|
|Address:||PO Box 292730|
|Phone:||(972) 316-3663 x457|