|School District/Employer:||Windham School District|
|Job Title:||#200211 Electrical Trades / Lopez Unit - Edinburg|
|School:||Windham School District|
|Campus Description:||**This position will not be effective until September 1, 2017.**|
|Description/Notes:||Windham School District is the education department for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice whose student population consists of adult offenders.|
|Qualifications:||Trade and Industrial Teaching Certification Options:
1. Option I requires: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Three years of full-time wage-earning experience withing the past eight years in one or more approved occupations for which instruction is offered. Up to 18 months of the wage-earning experience can be through a formal documented internship.
2. Option II requires: An Associate's degree from an accredited institution. Three years of full-time wage-earning experience within the past eight years in one or more approved occupations for which instruction is offered.
3. Option III requires: A high school diploma or the equivalent. Five years of full-time wage-earning experience within the past eight years in one or more approved occupations for which instruction is offered.
4. All options require: A current licensure, certification,or registration by a state or nationally recognized accrediting agency as a professional practitioner in one or more approved occupations for which instruction is offered. If the licensure, certification, or registration is not based on a recognized test or measurement, then passing a written and performance examination is required. Twelve (12) months of wage-earning experience consisting of at least 40 hours per week shall equal one year of full-time experience. Wage-earning experience consisting of less than 40, but at least 20, hours per week shall be calculated at a 50% rate in determining years of full-time experience. Wage-earning experience consisting less than 20 hours per week shall not be considered acceptable in determining full-time experience.
5. Vocational instructors shall obtain a deficiency plan from a college or university within the first 30 days of employment.
6. Vocational instructors shall enroll in a college or university probationary teaching certification program and complete at least six semester hours before the end of every contract year in which the teacher is employed in order to maintain employment with the district.
Minimum Requirements for Certified Applicants:
Texas State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) teacher certification in Trade and Industrial Education with appropriate work approval -OR- a Vocational Trades and Industry with appropriate work approval.
|Salary Range:||Salary is at or above the minimum state teacher pay scale.|
|Benefits:||Health Select insurance or HMO (if available in that area).|
|How To Apply:||Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment, TDCJ Employment Supplement, History of Qualifications form, copy of transcripts, copy of driver's license and copy of social security card (front & back) to Windham School District Human Resources, P.O. Box 40, Huntsville, TX 77342-0040 O fax 936.436.4823|
|Address:||P.O. Box 40|