|School District/Employer:||East Central ISD|
|Job Title:||Technician III - Databases|
|Description/Notes:||Primary Purpose: Perform Technician III duties plus database services. Provide database services, including ODBC and SQL query programming, to the District staff using student and staff databases from various applications providing the proper conversion techniques in a timely manner. Provide user services for all district applications, including Google products and Active Directory. Provide support for the Technology Operations Department as directed.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Includes all Technician III responsibilities and duties.
2. Provide timely database services to the Curriculum Department in a manner that meets all TEA deadlines with time to spare.
3. Develop and maintain an annual calendar of submission to facilitate advanced planning.
4. Document all filters, queries, and conversions developed. Store copies of documentation and converters in multiple locations.
5. Assist the district and campus assessment staff in extracting data from the district’s applications in a timely manner for adjusting instruction.
6. Be on call for all district staff needing database services using the priorities given by the Director of Technology Operations.
7. Provide user creation, update, deletion, and management services to the district staff.
8. Monitor and maintain the District’s user databases, including Active Directory, Google, and more.
9. Monitor and adjust the District’s Content Filter as needed and as directed.
10. Assist users as first-line help, and phone support, in understanding their technology and the department’s operations, such as email, IDs, work orders, and more.
11. Maintain skill and knowledge levels on all of the District’s databases and related applications.
12. Attend and study materials and resources provided by the District in a timely manner and pass the related certification examinations.
13. Create and continuously update a plan for training related to current and future positions.
14. Collaborate with vendors in a timely and transparent manner as approved by the Director of Technology Operations.
15. Document database activities, configurations, and procedures regularly with copies in multiple locations and in a manner that can be used easily by other staff.
16. Maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
17. Complete work as indicated by the Director of Technology, the expeditor, or the ticket priority, in that order.
18. Other duties as assigned.
***** On-Task Responsibilities:
The technician must have the ability to follow attendance procedures, including clocking in and out, according department
and district regulations and policies
The technician must have the ability to use time effectively and to stay on-task during the entire day
The technician must be capable of accurately documenting time on tasks, tickets, and other duties
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all of the minimum requirements will be considered.
High school diploma or GED
Possess and retain a valid State of Texas driver’s license – the driving record must meet East Central ISD’s insurance issuing
authority for the operations of school district vehicles in the performance of assigned duties
Ability to detect, analyze, and solve technical problems
Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service attitude and demeanor
Ability to use personal computers and office software, including google and MS Office products
Strong organizational skills
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in computer troubleshooting of the type in East Central ISD
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in database manipulations and extractions at an advanced level
Documented experience with ODBC & SQL applications and queries
Documented quality experience in networking computers, printers, and other network equipment
Documented experience with Windows, Mac, and mobile device operating systems
Documented advanced experience with custom database imports and exports
CompTIA A+ Hardware, CompTIA A+ Operating Systems, & Cloud+, & Net+
Dell Desktops, Notebooks, Chromebooks, Printers, and Servers
Microsoft Technology Associate or higher for Microsoft SQL
Microsoft Technology Associate of higher for Windows Server
At least one additional network or database certification
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||Medical and dental|
|How To Apply:||The position of Technician III – Databases will be available at the Technology Department at East Central ISD for the 2017-2018 school year. All individuals (district employees included) who are interested in this position must apply online through Frontline via the district website - www.ecisd.net. The deadline for submitting an application is until position is filled.|
|Name:||Dirk D. Dykstra|
|Address:||6634 New Sulphur Springs Road|