|School District/Employer:||Temple ISD|
|Job Title:||High School ESL Teacher|
|School:||Temple High School|
To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. To enable students to develop skills to function successfully in society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Develops and implements plans for curriculum program which provides for effective teaching strategies.
* Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
* Presents the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustees policies, and administrative regulations.
* Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
* Employs a variety of instructional techniques and media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the student groups involved.
* Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the district’s philosophy, goals, and objectives as outlined in the adopted course of study.
* Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
* Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teachers aide(s) and/or other volunteer(s).
* Maintains regular, on-time attendance.
* Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school’s curriculum.
* Encourages student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits.
* Provides progress and interim reports as required.
* Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities, as assigned, and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
* Presents for students a positive role model that supports the mission of the school and district.
* Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of children.
* Develops, in accordance with the district and building guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate discipline techniques, which are consistently applied.
* Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
* Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
* Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff and the community in a positive manner.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
* Uses acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
* Participates in the district’s professional development program.
* Strives to maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
* Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
* Keeps informed of and complies with state, district, and schools regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
* Compiles, maintains, and files all reports, records, and other documents required.
* Attends staff, department, and committee meetings as required.
* Prepares and administers a variety of teaching techniques, such as hands-on, student interaction, lectures, group work, etc., to present subject matter to the class.
* Demonstrates and utilizes technology and audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class.
* Prepares, administers, and corrects tests, and records results.
* Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations.
* Teaches rules of conduct and social skills.
* Counsels pupils with adjustment and academic problems.
* Discusses pupil’s academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
* Maintains grade records as required by school.
* Maintains accurate attendance records and identifies chronic attendance problems that affect student learning.
* Coordinates class field trips.
* Maintains order and discipline in classroom.
* Maintains order on playground.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Assistant Principal.
May supervise one or more teacher’s aide(s) and/or volunteer(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees/volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. There may be alternatives to the below qualifications as the Board of trustees may find appropriate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, administration, staff, parents, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate in English Language Arts and Reading and ESL endorsement..
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to travel to multiple campuses, as assigned and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may also be required to occasionally travel out-of-district for school functions and/or activities.
|Qualifications:||Valid Texas Teaching Certificate in English Language Arts and Reading and ESL endorsement.|
|Salary Range:||$43,500 - $62,000|
|How To Apply:||www.tisd.org or https://temple.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Only applications submitted on TalentEd will be considered.
|Address:||P.O. Box 788|