|School District/Employer:||Wink-Loving ISD|
|Job Title:||Superintendent of Schools|
|School:||Wink-Loving Independent School District|
|Campus Description:||Wink-Loving Independent School District is a public school district based in Wink, Texas in Winkler County, Texas. The district serves students in southern and western Winkler County along with all of Loving County. Wink is on Monument Draw, State Highway 115, and Farm Road 1232, seven miles southwest of Kermit in southwestern Winkler County.
Total District Students: 420
District Demographics: African American: 1% / Hispanic: 36% / White: 59% / Others: less than 1% / Econ. Disadvantaged: 34%
Accountability Rating: Met Standard
|Description/Notes:||1. Candidate must demonstrates superior interpersonal skills and can make and defend difficult decisions that are best for students and the district.
2. Candidate must be a visionary leader with the ability to build consensus in support of the educational programs and the use of the district’s facilities, finances, resources, and personnel effectively in order to continue the current direction, progress of WLISD’s on-going initiatives.
3. Candidate should demonstrate a history of success in student academic performance.
4. Candidate must be able to work in partnership with the Board of Trustees and build a climate of candor, mutual trust, and cooperation.
5. Candidate should have a demonstrated record of school district/campus fiscal management.
6. Candidate should have a demonstrated record of operational oversight of a school district.
7. Candidate should have the predisposition, desire, and ability to proactively engage students, parents, teachers, principals, support staff, local governments, education-related organizations, minority representatives, the business community, and various community stakeholders in authentic dialogue and partnerships.
8. Candidate should possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and political skills to assume an active leadership role in the city, state, and region on funding, long-range planning, and other education-related issues.
9. Candidate should possess and demonstrate personnel management skills.
10. Candidate must be willing to live in the district and be actively engaged at school and community functions and is committed to the long term success of both.
11. Candidate should be willing and able to handle the challenges of finances, and political influence.
12. Candidate should be willing and able to continue to progress the board’s mission, vision and current goals for WLISD.
13. Candidate should be willing and able to continue the academic support systems that are currently in place and be willing to support and work within existing academic/PD processes.
14. Candidate must be willing and able to treat all students, staff and community stakeholders equally and with fairness.
15. Candidate must possesses high moral and ethical characteristics.
|Qualifications:||The following criteria will be used to screen, evaluate, and select a new Superintendent for the Wink-Loving Independent School District:
• Master’s degree in Education is required
• Current TEA (SBEC) Superintendent Certificate in the State of Texas is required.
• Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or Principal experience required.
• A visionary leader with the ability to build broad consensus in setting goals supporting excellence in all academic and extra-curricular programs of the district and implementing those goals and programs
• Open-minded, approachable, people person who is actively involved and visible in the district and community
• An excellent instructional manager—knowledgeable of effective curricular and instructional strategies
• An effective communicator
The Superintendent search for Wink-Loving ISD is on an expedited timeline. The board desires to have a superintendent start on July 1st, 2017. All prospective candidates are requested to submit as soon as possible a resume, profile sheet, and any other materials you wish the Board of Trustees to review.
May 10, 2017 - Post vacancy
May 25, 2017 - Review Applications (All Applications due 5/25/17 by 2:00 p.m. CST)
May 29 - 31, 2017 - 1st Round of Interviews
June 5 & 6 - 2nd Round of Interviews (if necessary)
June 8, 2017 – Name Lone Finalist
June 30, 2017 – Vote to hire Superintendent/Finalize contract
July 1, 2017 – First Day of Employment
|Salary Range:||$105,000 - $110,000 (base salary range)
|Benefits:||• School Vehicle
• 6% matching annuity (403B)
• BCBS insurance
• Superintendent Housing Available
|How To Apply:||Send Cover letter, Resume and Application Materials via Email to Dr. Dewitt Smith at:
|Address:||P.O. Box 637|
|Phone:||(432) 561-4311 x7002|