|School District/Employer:||Fort Bend ISD|
|Job Title:||PATHOLOGIST, SPEECH (2017-2018)|
|Campus Description:||Plan and provide speech therapy to students with voice, speech, or language disorders. Assess students and provide therapeutic intervention to eliminate or reduce problems or impairments that interfere with students’ ability to derive full benefit from the educational program.
|Description/Notes:||1. Assess students to determine the presence or absence of speech or language disorders and to establish eligibility for services.
2. Plan and provide appropriate individual and group therapy to students consistent with the IEP.
3. Participate in ARD committee meetings regarding the determination of eligibility, appropriate goal setting for eligible students, and to monitor progress on IEP goals.
4. Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services.
5. Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom-based activities to improve oral and written language skills of students.
6. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
7. Comply with policies established by federal, state, and local board policy.
8. Participate in appropriate professional development relevant to the job assignment.
9. Supervise Assistant Speech Pathologists upon request.
10. Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Master’s degree in speech-language pathology or related field required; Bachelor’s degree with TEA certification in Speech and Language Therapy or Speech and Hearing Therapy also acceptable
• Valid Texas license as a speech pathologist granted by Texas Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology, ASHA Certification, Certificate of Clinical Competence required
• Sign language skills preferred; experience working with deaf and hard of hearing preferred
• Some experience as a speech pathologist in public schools preferred not required
|How To Apply:||Fort Bend ISD
|Address:||16431 Lexington Blvd.|