|School District/Employer:||Fort Bend ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||COORDINATOR TEACHER DEVELOPMENT|
|Campus Description:||The Coordinator Teacher Development will be responsible for the development, management, and implementation of the District comprehensive professional learning plan, implementation of professional learning aligned to district instructional priorities, professional learning to support blended learning and technology integration, development of teacher leaders, retention of educators, and identification of recommended strategies and resources for the assigned program area. The incumbent will provide strong leadership in the area of professional learning to promote the District’s vision for Teaching and Learning.|
|Description/Notes:||Plan, Organize, and Evaluate Professional Learning
• Implement, monitor, revise, and evaluate the District comprehensive professional development plan.
• Design, implement, and monitor systems for planning long range professional learning to meet District Goals
• Design and implement a clearing house for procurement and implementation of professional learning opportunities aligned to district instructional priorities
• Design, coordinate, and conduct professional learning opportunities aligned to district instructional priorities, best practices for adult learning, and technology programs
• Collect and analyze data to measure the implementation and impact on student achievement of professional learning that supports district wide instructional priorities and initiatives
• Create, implement, and monitor the induction and mentoring program to support and retain teachers.
• Recruit, develop, and equip teacher leaders to engage in learning, reflective practice, and leadership opportunities
• Develop and deliver training and support for identified technology programs that support instruction and daily operations for teachers
• Facilitate and monitor professional learning experiences to support online programs and the learning management system
Build Capacity to Support Implementation of Learning
• Coordinate the development of mentoring and induction programs, guided teacher observations, leadership cadres, instructional support videos, and Professional Learning Communities to expand teacher leadership opportunities
• Plan and support the development of campus based instructional coaches through job embedded professional learning opportunities
• Utilize job embedded professional learning to facilitate the implementation of district instructional priorities including balanced literacy, guided math, inquiry based instruction, and blended learning
• Support the development and expansion of job embedded professional learning opportunities designed to engage teachers and leaders in experiential learning and reflective practice to support the implementation of the written curriculum
• Engage in a continuous review and application of professional literature/development related to professional learning, technology integration, blended learning, and implementation of research based best practices in instruction
• Collaborate with Teaching and Learning to design growth opportunities, direct professional learning experiences, and support the Professional Learning Lead and Technology Integration Champion in leading campus based job embedded learning opportunities
• Attend state and national workshops/conferences and serve on committees to advance professional learning aligned to the comprehensive professional learning plan
• Collaborate with campus principals to develop and monitor implementation yearlong campus based professional learning plans that align to district instructional priorities and campus improvement plans
• Lead, facilitate professional growth, and support Professional Learning Specialists to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of campus/district professional learning plans aligned to district priorities for instruction and blended learning
• Collaborate with campus administrators and district leaders to support the effective implementation and evaluation of the instructional coaching program.
• Serve as a member of a Campus Support Team to engage in instructional walk-throughs and facilitate campus support structures in collaboration with campus principal and district leaders
• Collaborate with various departments within the organization to create, implement, and monitor professional learning experiences that align with district instructional priorities
• Oversee, manage, and monitor the content, design and delivery of professional learning, and implementation of the learning management system
• Develop and administer a budget based on alignment to district instructional priorities and ensure that operations are cost effective and managed wisely
• Update required district documents including the District Improvement Plan and District Strategic Plan
• Prepare summary reports and data related to compliance with professional learning plans and teacher development programs
• Establish community partnerships to advance professional learning opportunities
• Adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and policies
• Provide leadership and direction to campus based contacts to support implementation of professional learning plans.
• Assist in the process of recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring of assigned staff.
• Initiate personnel actions including documentation and termination under the guidance of Human Resources
• Conduct the performance appraisals of assigned staff.
• Address complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a classroom teacher
• Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience at the campus or district level
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in planning, developing, and presenting professional learning
• Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
• Valid Texas Mid Management or Principal Certificate preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Ability to collaborate with various departments within the organization
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize effectively and work independently within guidelines
• Advanced knowledge and expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting professional learning.
|How To Apply:||Fort Bend ISD
|Address:||16431 Lexington Blvd.|