|School District/Employer:||Magnolia ISD|
|Job Title:||Intermediate Assistant Principal|
|Campus Description:||Bear Branch Intermediate School is a 5 & 6th grade campus.|
Assist the Principal in overall administration of instructional programs and campus level operations. Coordinate assigned student activities and services as indicated in data.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Participate in development and evaluation of educational programs.
2. Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs,
helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate.
3. Promote the use of technology in teaching/learning processes.
4. Promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
5. Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
6. Communicate effectively with students and staff
7. Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community
8. Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain and records to track
progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
9. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences. Serve as
second appraiser for designated teacher appraisal system.
10. Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
11. Supervise operations in principal’s absence.
12. Help plan daily school activities by participating in the development of class schedules, teacher
assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
13. Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with attendance clerk on
14. Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented
15. Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; check inventory; maintain records; and verify
receipts for materials.
16. Assist with safety inspections and safety-drill practice activities.
17. Coordinate transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
18. Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and board policy.
19. Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
20. Help to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior.
21. Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and
22. Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Professional Growth and Development
23. Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment.
24. Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing mission.
25. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
26. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with school principal. Supervise teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Work with frequent interruptions. Occasional district wide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Texas assistant principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified Professional Development and Appraisal System (PDAS) appraiser
Thorough understanding of school operations
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to coordinate campus support operations
Two years experience as a classroom teacher
|Salary Range:||Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
|Benefits:||212 days - Insurance, Life Insurance|
|How To Apply:||https://www.magnoliaisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=256218&type=d&pREC_ID=583779|
|Address:||P.O. Box 88|