|School District/Employer:||Cleveland ISD|
|Job Title:||Associate Principal|
|School:||Cleveland High School|
|Campus Description:||Cleveland ISD is the fastest growing school district in Texas.|
|Description/Notes:||Direct and manage instructional program or campus operations. Oversee assigned student activities and services.
1. Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs to positively affect student achievement, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate. Participate in program evaluation measures, make suggestions for improvement where needed, and recognize student achievement.
2. Reinforce expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies and classroom management, recognizing areas of success.
3. Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
4. Work in collaboration with key instructional leaders to improve and support instruction.
5. Lead campus Assistant Principals in instructional walks, learning opportunities, and professional development.
6. Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to ensure attainment of the school’s mission.
7. Coordinate UIL events and demonstrate involvement in a variety of extra-curricular activities if applicable.
8. Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
9. Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
10. Accomplish the Campus Improvement Plan Goals to improve learning.
11. Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior, enhances the school climate, and addresses at-risk students.
12. Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
13. Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
14. Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
15. Oversee campus operations in principal’s absence.
16. Take a leadership role in planning and scheduling of daily school activities including the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
17. Oversee reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with staff to identify and address issues.
18. Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
19. Requisition and distribute supplies, textbooks, resources, and equipment and monitor and maintain inventory and fixed assets in accordance with district procedures.
20. Coordinate operational support services such as transportation, custodial, grounds maintenance, security systems, building use and rental, and cafeteria to best meet campus needs and provide an orderly, safe, and secure environment. Provide for regular inspections of classrooms.
21. Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and regulations affecting schools.
22. Direct the work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
23. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences. Serve as second appraiser as needed for designated teacher appraisal system.
24. Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
25. Work with campus-level planning and decision-making committees to plan professional development activities and encourage participation in these activities.
26. Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
27. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Professional Growth and Development
28. Use action plan information for self-directed improvement.
29. Take an active interest in professional organizations to promote improvement.
30. Engage in professional development activities to improve leadership effectiveness.
31. Perform other duties as assigned by the school principal and the Superintendent of Schools.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
General qualifications of a teacher and a valid Texas administrator’s, mid-management, principal, or other appropriate Texas certificate.
Significant understanding of campus operations
Significant knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years public school teaching experience
Three (3) years of successful campus leadership experience preferred
|Salary Range:||353.34 per day - 498.30 per day.|
|How To Apply:||Apply online at www.clevelandisd.org|
|Address:||316 E. Dallas Street|