|School District/Employer:||Plainview ISD|
|Job Title:||Grade 5 Classroom Teacher|
|School:||College Hill Elementary|
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas Teaching Certification
Knowledge of academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Successful completion of student teaching assignment or approved internship
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and
show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect modifications and accommodations for differences in individual student learning styles.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials,
equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students’ assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessments of students’ learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s)/assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
|Benefits:||As a permanent employee of PISD (not temporary or substitute), the employee is eligible for:
∙ $341 per month paid by the District towards your choice of TRS health insurance
∙ $10,000 life insurance policy through Dearborn National Life Insurance for those
under the age of 70…@ no cost to the employee
∙ Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) LifeWorks through American
Fidelity Assurance Company…@ no cost to the employee
Supplemental benefit options available at low cost to the Plainview ISD employee:
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
|How To Apply:||https://www.applitrack.com/plainview/onlineapp/|
|Address:||P.O. Box 1540|