|School District/Employer:||Huntsville ISD|
|Job Title:||Principal, Intermediate|
|School:||Huntsville Intermediate School|
|Campus Description:||Primary Purpose:
Direct and manage instructional program and supervise operations and personnel at campus level. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service. Oversee compliance with district policies, success of instructional programs, and operation of all campus activities
1. Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use findings to take corrective actions.
2. Regularly consult the campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students and community representatives when appropriate.
School or Organization Improvement
3. Provide instructional resources and materials to support teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
4. Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
5. Provide for two-way communication with superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community.
6. Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance to staff and students. Recognize excellence and achievement.
7. Ensure the effective and quick resolution of conflicts.
School or Organization Improvement
8. Build common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
9. Identify, analyze, and apply research findings (e.g., effective school correlates) to promote school improvement.
10. Develop and set annual campus performance objectives for each of the Academic Excellence Indicators using the campus planning process and site-based decision making committee.
11. Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives addressing each Academic Excellence Indicator.
12. Interview, select, and orient new staff. Approve all personnel assigned to campus.
13. Define expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies, classroom management, and communication with the public.
14. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
15. Assign and promote campus personnel.
16. Make recommendations to superintendent on termination, suspension, or nonrenewal of employees assigned to campus.
17. Work with campus-level planning and decision-making committees to plan professional development activities.
18. Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth. Work with them to develop and accomplish improvement goals.
Management of Fiscal, Administrative, and Facilities Functions
19. Comply with district policies and state and federal laws and regulations affecting the school.
20. Develop campus budgets based on documented program needs, estimated enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs. Keep programs within budget limits. Maintain fiscal control. Accurately report fiscal information.
21. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required including accurate and timely reports of maximum attendance to requisition textbooks.
22. Manage use of school facilities. Supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
23. Direct and manage extracurricular and intramural programs including management of multiple activity funds.
24. Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
25. Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
26. Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Professional Growth and Development
27. Develop professional skills appropriate to job assignment.
28. Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior. Serve as a role model for all campus staff.
School or Community Relations
29. Articulate the school’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
30. Demonstrate awareness of school and community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
31. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Supervise and evaluate the performance of staff assigned to campus including assistant principal(s), teacher(s), counselor(s), librarian(s), instructional aides, and clerical support staff.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional district and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
• Master’s degree in educational administration
• Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
• Certified Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (TTESS) appraiser
• Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
• Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
• Ability to manage budget and personnel
• Ability to coordinate campus functions
• Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
• Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Three years experience as a classroom teacher Two years experience instructional leadership roles
Principal experience preferred
|Salary Range:||Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Pay Grade: Administrative-Professional Pay Grade 6, 240 days|
|How To Apply:||Apply at:
Contact: Dr. Scott Sheppard at email@example.com
|Address:||441 FM 2821 East|