|School District/Employer:||Orenda Education|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||SPED EDUCATIONAL AIDE|
|School:||New Horizons School, Goldthwaite, TX|
|Campus Description:||POSITION SUMMARY:
Reports directly to the principal. This position entails: under the direction of the principal, to teach and instruct students in grades K-12, or a combination of these grade levels in academic, social, behavioral, and other educational skill areas; to plan, develop, organize, and conduct a comprehensive educational program for all students; to work in conjunction with the residential treatment center for the students’ best interest academically, socially, behaviorally, emotionally, and psychologically; to focus on reading, writing, and communication skills; to do other related functions as required.
Assists in the planning and implementation of academic activities that meets the individual needs of the student. Works as part of a team of educators to create and produce curriculum for students. Responsible for regular notes that reflect the academic and interactive progress of students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assessment testing for newly admitted students
• Support and encouragement to students in assisting them in learning and completing assignments
• Feedback on student completed assignments
• Supervision of students in the daily milieu
• Documents students’ progress on a regular basis
• Other duties as assigned
VALUES AND COMMITMENT:
• Protects confidentiality of students and peers
• Participates in gathering assessment information for each student and, as a team member, plan for student success
• Advocates for and responds to the needs of students
• Approaches responsibilities with enthusiasm, dedication, and energy
• Punctual so the team is in attendance at the start of school
• Performs duties efficiently and is self-motivated to problem solve
FULFILLS PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT:
• Interacts with students, families, visitors and co-workers with respect
• Approaches others with a positive attitude
• Refrains from gossip
• Offers problem-solving ideas
• Strives for professional excellence
• Follows dress code
• Adheres to policies and procedures
* Must have at least one of the following:
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Completed two years of Study at an Institute of Higher Education (48 hours)
- Passed a rigorous state or local assessment demonstrating knowledge of, and the ability to assist in; instructing reading, writing and math. (Paraprofessional Academy through Education Service Center)
*Experience or training implementing behavior support with Special Education Students
*Previous experience with children in a professional educational setting.
*Ability to plan and carry out activities for students that promote cooperative, support interactions.
|Salary Range:||Compensation is $11.30-$18.10 per hours depending on experience.
|Benefits:||Should you enroll in TRS medical, Orenda Education makes a $378 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
TRS ACTIVE CARE Aetna Health Insurance
* Active Care 1-HD
* Active Care Select
* Active Care II
* First Care (Goldthwaite, TX only)
* Scott & White HMO
|How To Apply:||Visit www.orendaeducation.org under careers to submit an application.
Please attach Cover Letter, Resume and References
|Address:||2951 Williams Drive|