|School District/Employer:||Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Administration|
Provide direction and leadership to secondary campuses while serving as a member of the Executive Leadership Team to promote overall district success.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Instructional and Program Management
1. Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of instructional programs with teachers, principals, and instructional support personnel, including learning objectives, instructional strategies, and assessment techniques.
2. Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance to staff and students. Recognize excellence and achievement.
3. Recognize excellence and achievement.
4. Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives.
5. Support the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
6. Allocate the necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of education goals.
7. Ensure that district goals and objectives are developed and implemented through a systems approach to continuous improvement.
8. Participate in the District-level strategic planning process to establish and review the District’s goals, quality indicators, and success measures.
9. Monitor the progress and results of campus improvement plans.
10. Utilize data to examine curriculum and instructional effectiveness.
11. Initiate professional development opportunities to assist campus administrators and instructional staff in attaining objectives.
12. Support professional development activities that promote the mission of the District.
13. Supervise secondary summer programming.
Policy, Reports, and Law
14. Interpret and enforce the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local Board policy.
15. Compile, maintain, and present all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
16. Calculate student enrollment projections and recommend staffing allocations. Ensure that programs are cost effective and that funds are managed prudently.
17. Develop budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
18. Assist with preparation, review and revisions of campus and district job descriptions.
19. Define expectations for staff performance regarding instructional strategies, campus management, and communication skills.
20. Supervise and evaluate job performance of campus principals to ensure effective leadership at the campus level.
21. Supervise and evaluate job performance of directors of Athletics; Visual and Performing Arts; Career and Technical Education; and all DAEP programs.
22. Assist with recruitment, selection, and training of personnel and make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal. Assist with the implementation of the teacher appraisal system.
23. Facilitate two-way communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community.
24. Demonstrate skill in conflict resolution with administrators, parents, teachers, staff, and community.
25. Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to other professionals.
26. Articulate the District’s vision, mission, and goals to the community and solicit its support.
27. Demonstrate awareness of district and community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
28. Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
29. Attend district and community events to support district initiatives.
30. Utilize a systems approach to continuous improvement.
31. Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Maintain emotional control under pressure; frequent districtwide and occasional statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Texas Principal Certification
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Ability to supervise personnel
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
Ability to successfully resolve conflicts
Ability to collaborate successfully with other district departments
Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budgets
Ability to strategically plan in order to meet district, state, and federal requirements
Ability to coordinate district functions
Ability to multitask successfully
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a campus principal, including high school principal experience
Working knowledge of Baldrige or other systems approach to continuous improvement (preferred)
Alternatives to the above, as the District finds appropriate
|Salary Range:||The salary will be determined by the HEB ISD 2019-2020 Salary Schedule for Administrative/Professional Paygrade 11 (Assistant Superintendent)
Minimum- $139, 637
|How To Apply:||• Interested personnel are asked to visit the HEB ISD website to complete an online application for employment in our school district (www.hebisd.edu /Careers/Apply For A Job/Current Openings) or by using the link below.
• For questions or assistance, please email Cicely Tuttle, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources at CicelyTuttle@hebisd.edu.
|Name:||Cicely Eileen Tuttle|
|Address:||1849 Central Drive|