|School District/Employer:||Sherman ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Clerk - District (Business Office)|
|Campus Description:||Administration - Business Office|
Under general supervision, perform accounting/bookkeeping duties and maintain district financial records.
JOB DUTIES/PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
1. Maintain complete and systematic records of assigned financial transactions.
2. Prepare information in connection with the annual financial audit, including spreadsheets, work papers, journal entries, fixed assets, accounts payable, and activity funds, as assigned.
3. Compute and prepare data for journal entries and budget transfers.
4. Examine general ledger transactions for accuracy; make corrections as needed and inform supervisor of problems.
5. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required
6. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED
Preferred - Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in a accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Strong organization skills and attention to detail
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
TEAMS experience beneficial
Related experience in public school. preferred
|How To Apply:||Interested applicants must complete the Sherman ISD application at https://www.shermanisd.net/careers and submit the required documentation as outlined on the ShermanISD webpage.|
|Address:||P.O. Box 1176|